𝖊𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

TW// Gore

I rested my chin on my knees as I sat hugging myself on the couch

The volume of the TV was set super loud so that I could drown out everything happening outside.

Occasionally I could still hear the faint eruption of a gunshot, or even feel the rumblings of a distant explosion.

Everything about this weekend was so horrifying, yet—the difference between this one and my last one was noticeable.

I was still scared, that was never gonna change—but the fear was just different.

The fear stemmed from knowing what was happening outside, but not being afraid that it was gonna happen to me.

If I had to admit it—despite how crazy it may sound. Tonight, being where I was at, I genuinely felt....safe.

Knowing that despite all of the torment that was going on outside, as long as I stayed within the confines of this house—I was safe.

That safety may be a byproduct of the owner of this house being as feared as he was, but still—it was a nice change of pace for once.

I've been constantly beaten up since I moved to this city, constantly in fear. Now...for the first time in a long time—I could just breathe.

With a sigh, I eventually stood to my feet and began aimlessly strolling around Saint's house.

I wouldn't exactly say I was snooping since I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just exploring my new living space.

That exploration didn't really get very far though, seeing as he barely had anything in here.

The only thing I managed to find was one singular box under his bed, but I didn't go through it—I feel like that would be a bit too intrusive.

I also came across a door, but it was locked behind two separate locks, so I'm guessing whatever was behind there—he really didn't want out.

Slowly I began to just make my way back to the living room area, where I decided to take a seat on the windowsill.

I had the blinds cracked just enough that I'd be able to see outside, without being seen myself.

Saint was right, people seemed to be avoiding his house. Even if they were getting into a deadly scuffle outside, everyone stayed clear—even avoiding the front lawn.

It was crazy to see, just not as crazy as it was seeing all these people hurt each other—seemingly for no reason.

My first purge weekend I spent entirely in my bedroom closet, so I didn't see much of what was happening.