𝖙𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

My nostrils flared at the smell of eggs in the air, ultimately leading to my sleep coming to an end—and my eyes slowly opening

The sleep-inducing confusion only lasted momentarily, because the moment I spotted Khalil across the living room, and in the kitchen—I knew exactly where I was.

I took a couple of seconds to get myself together before finally shifting up from my lying position.

That shift ultimately caused Khalil to realize I was awake because he turned around and smiled when he saw me.

"Good Morning." He stated, placing down the spatula in his hand before making his way over to me.

When he came to a half in front of me, I looked up at him from my sitting position on the couch.

"What time is it?" I questioned.

"12," he replied, "I figured you needed the rest though."

"Damn," I mumbled, finally standing to my feet.

"Yeah—I made you breakfast though, I'm about to head out for work soon but I wanted you to eat when you woke up." He explained.

"I would've made something," I told him as a small smile worked its way on my lips.

"you're lying." He said matter of factly, chuckling afterward.

"anyways, like I said, good morning, rise and shine, Grand rising." He stated dramatically

"yeah." I agreed, standing up.

Immediately he frowned, "Can you say it back."

"say what back?" I questioned genuinely

"Good morning, you literally never say it back." He stated.

I didn't realize it was that important, to be honest, I can't even say I put much thought into it. He's the only person who says that to me.

I thought to myself for a moment before speaking, "Good mornin' Khalil" I told him lowly as I began standing to my feet.

Just as my words finished I leaned down to place a kiss on his forehead, just to make up for not saying it initially like he wanted.