𝖙𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"I think he's waking up

"I think he's waking up..." A voice spoke, just as I began to blink the blurriness from my eyes.

After that, I could hear shuffling, then heavy footsteps, forcing me to look up to where I spotted Saint looking down at me with a worried expression.

"fuck... thank you..." I heard him whisper to himself as he released a breath of relief.

"what happened?" I questioned as I looked around.

Slowly but surely I was starting to realize we were in Eve's little medical room, but I still didn't remember how I got here, or what even led to it.

The last thing I remember was talking to Saint, then feeling a sharp pain in my...

wait...

In a panic I lifted the blanket to reveal my belly, I mean I'm not sure what I was expecting to see, but it was my first instinct.

"you're okay." Saint spoke, comfortingly me knowingly.

That's when everything started coming back to me, and the memories of the pain, and my conversation with Saint returned.

"W-whats wrong?" I asked, looking over at Eve who'd sat down on her stool a couple feet away.

"well," she started, before looking up at Saint, as if she was looking to him to explain.

He looked at her, then back down at me before releasing a breath.

"Saint?" I mumbled, feeling anxiousness arise.

"—you're starting to scare me," I added.

He reached down at gave my hand a gentle squeeze of reassurance before he spoke.

"I'm sorry." He stated foremost.

"—the truth is, this whole situation—the pregnancy—it's moving faster than expected..." he added lowly.

I creased my eyebrows in confusion as I spoke, "okay...so um..I mean what does that mean—how do you know that?" I asked, again looking at Eve.

"I mean technically, you're still not developing that much faster than a regular pregnancy." Eve began.

"The problem is, your body isn't suited for it, which we already knew," she mumbled.

"yeah, which is probably why I was in so much pain—we know that—so why are you two acting as if there's something else I don't know?" I frowned, looking between them both.