10.

Quinn opens one of her eyes to soft talking and quiet footsteps. She looks at Parker who's completely hidden in the sleeping bag. She slowly grabs her gun and loads it, clicking the safety off.

"Hey, Robin! Come help me open this door." A deep voice says from outside the house. There's soft and hurried footsteps before the door starts to creak open. Quinn stands up and stands infront of the sleeping Parker, her gun pointed at the door.

As soon as the door opens a tall man walks in, freezing as he sees Quinn's gun pointed at him.

"Hey Zach-" A woman walks in and freezes as well. Quinn's gaze darkens and her grip on the gun tightens.

"Put down your weapons. Now." She growled in a deep voice, trying to make herself seem scary. The smaller girl looks up at the man and he looks over at Quinn.

"Your car broke down on the road, didn't it? That was you?" He asks, his hand nearing the hilt of his gun.

Robin notices as Quinn shifts the way she's standing, moving more infront of the sleeping bag. She grabs Zach's sleeve, tugging his hand away from his gun. "We're not going to shoot them." She whispers.

At this point, Parker has woken up. He's choosing to stay quiet as he realizes the situation. However, he has his knife in hand and has pointed it at the two strangers.

"Listen, we're from a settlement, a mile or two that way. One of your patrols saw the broken down car yesterday and we thought you might've survived. Good thing we've been looking for you."

Quinn just stares, not saying a word. Her finger is a twitch away from pulling the trigger and shooting one of them in the head.

"We have food, farms and animals, there's people, shelter for you and your friend, we have hot water. We're over 25 families strong now." The smaller girl adds, a hopeful smile on her face. Quinn slowly lowers her gun, still shielding Parker from the view of the other people.

"Thank you." She smiles, "I'm Robin. And this is my friend Zach."

"Yeah anyway, as we were saying. We'd like to take you back to our settlement. You can talk to our mayor and then we can get you two situated into a home." He says. Parker stands up, grabbing my arm.

"it could be the settlement we're looking for," He whispers, "Let's go with them. Please..."

Quinn sighs, glancing at the two before down at Parker. "Fine." She looks at Zach and Robin. "Take us to your settlement."