ELEVEN

😗sorry for any mistakes

Two weeks later...

Baltimore, MD
June 2nd
Friday

"Yo, Layla. You can't be serious right now," Gabe irritatedly conversed into the mic of his iPhone after closing the door of his bedroom. North was in the kitchen eating the breakfast he prepared for her, he didn't want her to overhear his conversation about chewing her birth mother out. "You promised her all week about this girl's day and you're just going to bail out on her?!" He scarcely raised his voice.

Layla smacked her lips in aggravation "First of all, it's too early for you to be yelling on my cellular device nigga," She argued back causing him to smack his lips at her snarky comment.

"I'm catching a last minute to Cabo with my girls. The tickets went down and we couldn't miss it again. You know I want to go to Cabo for years,"

His face scrunched up "So you gonna you rather go to Cabo wit' some hoes that ain' even yo' real friend–instead of spending time wit' your daughter who is excited as fuck for this weekend?" He questioned "If they were real friends, they would tell you to take your daughter to Cabo. She has her passport and she doesn't have school yet," He fussed, tossing his hand up in aggravation.

"Boy bye! You sound stupid as fuck," She shortly laughed at him "We're about to be drinking and all this other shit! Why the fuck would I have her around that? Nigga you wouldn't do that dumb shit," She argued.

"Yes, I would," He shot back "I'm not the dipshit that choose to go on a last-minute trip when you BEGGED for me to let you come get her early today and have her until Tuesday," He attempted to calm himself down but he was heated.

North has been chattering about this girl's weekend with Layla all week. She was super excited, especially considering she promised it was only going to be her and Layla.

For the past two weeks, co-parenting had been well for the two. No arguing, no Layla being petty and calling the cops on him if he was five minutes late at drop off. North was, even more, happier around her mother rather than before. Gabriel still needed to have a conversation about her dissing their daughter and calling her ugly–he just hasn't found the right time. When he wants to bring it up, he gets angry all over again.

Of course, the good co-parenting was short-lived. Gabe doesn't know why he anticipated more and got his own hopes up.

"You're such a lame ass nigga," She started laughing hard "You only saying take her so you can use that against me in court! But you're dad of the year right? You are so jealous she had a parent that wants to be in her life while you didn't. You're disgusting Gabriel,"