Chapter 1

As Anakin and Obi-Wan waited for their ship to reach their destination, they both sat in silent contemplation. They were going to a previously unknown planet called Lullacaath. The king of Lullacaath, Alexander Kilaeon, had contacted the Jedi and asked for their help. He wanted their help as an assassin had tried to kill his daughter, Alazne. Alexander wanted their help to protect his daughter and to find the assassin. After receiving the news, the Jedi council decided to send Anakin and Obi-Wan to Lullacaath. They knew that Obi-Wan would be perfect for the task but they wanted Anakin to go with Obi-Wan as a training experience. Both Anakin and Obi-Wan knew that it would not be an easy task to find the assassin. Once they reached Lullacaath, one of the guards was waiting for them. As they stepped off of their ship, the guard led them to the throne room. He explained that the king was in a meeting with some of his ambassadors but that he shouldn't be long. He went on to say that if they wanted, they could stay in the throne room to wait or they were welcome to walk in the gardens until the king was free. Anakin decided to walk through the gardens until it was time whilst Obi-Wan decided to stay in the throne room. As Anakin walked through the gardens, he noticed a girl not far from himself. She was extremely beautiful and had long black hair. As soon as he saw her, he thought about how much she looked like a goddess. Before he could go and talk to her, she went back inside the castle. Just then, he heard Obi-Wan call him back into the throne room. When he walked in, he noticed a man who he assumed was the king of Lullacaath. Standing next to him was the girl that Anakin had seen in the garden. "Hello, my friends. I am Alexander Kilaeon and this is my daughter, Alazne. As I told your council, an attempt has been made on her life. I would like your help to protect her and to find the assassin responsible," he said. Both Anakin and Obi-Wan agree that they would work hard to protect their daughter. A month later, Anakin and Obi-Wan were getting closer to finding the assassin. During that month, Alazne had grown close to Anakin and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan had become quite a good friend to her. Her relationship with Anakin was different, however. Over the month that she had known him, she had started to fall in love with him. But she knew that Jedi couldn't have attachments. One day, she was sitting in the gardens feeding the ducks when she noticed Anakin standing nearby with a thoughtful look on his face. "What's wrong, Anakin?" she asked, standing up and walking over to him. "I was thinking about how beautiful you are and that you look like an angel. And I was also thinking about how much I love you," Anakin replied with a blush on his face. "But I thought that Jedi weren't allowed to have relationships?" Alazne asked curiously. "I know. But I really do love you and I would gladly protect you from anyone who wished you harm," Anakin answered. Alazne smiled before kissing Anakin's cheek. "I love you too," Alazne said. As soon as Alazne said that, he felt a surge of happiness flows through him. He held her hands before looking into her greyish-blue eyes and kissed her again which she gladly returned. As they pulled away from the kiss, Alazne placed her forehead against Anakin's as he pulled a white rose from a nearby bush and placed it in her hair.