Chapter 13

As Alazne sat at her desk working on some paperwork, she looked up as Liam ran into her office. "Liam, what's wrong?" she asked. "It's Ariel. She's just gone into labour," Liam said, out of breath. As soon as she heard that, she immediately jumped up out of her chair and ran straight to Ariel and Liam's room. Once she got there, she told Liam to stay outside the room until she said otherwise. As Alazne helped her sister-in-law, Liam started to pace around outside the door. After a while, he was joined by Anakin. "Liam, what's wrong?" he asked. "Ariel's gone into labour and Alazne's in there with her," Liam replied. "Then she's in good hands. She helped Satine, remember? So with Alazne there with her, Ariel will be fine," Anakin said. "I know. But I'm still worried about her," Luke answered. "That's understandable. She's your wife. I may not have been there when Alazne gave birth, but I was there when she helped Satine and I saw how stressed out Obi-Wan was the entire time. So I can only imagine how stressed you feel. But again, your sisters are in there with her. And you know that She'll do everything in her power to help Ariel as much as she can," Anakin mentioned. "Your right. Thanks, Anakin," Liam responded with a small smile. Anakin sat with Liam for the next few hours to keep him company. But Liam felt his heart break every time he heard Ariel scream. Eventually, though, Alazne opened the door with a smile. "Come on in. They're ready to see you," Alazne said, letting Liam into the room. When he walked into the room, he smiled as he saw Ariel holding the two newest members of their family.

As he sat next to her on the bed, he took their daughter into his arms. "What should we call them?" he asked, smiling at their baby girl. "I was thinking of Minerva for our daughter and Flavian for our son," Ariel said. "They're perfect," Liam replied. Alazne let them be and went outside and sat next to Anakin. "Good job, love," Anakin said, wrapping his arms around her. "Thank you. How did you know where I was anyway?" Alazne asked. "I didn't. I was just walking around when I saw Liam pacing around and he told me that you were helping Ariel," Anakin replied. A few days later, Alazne watched as Satine took care of her youngest, Azure. "Is Azure going to take over as the Duchess of Kalevala after you?" she asked. "No. I want her to be trained as a Jedi whilst one of the boys takes over as Duke," Satine replied. "That's fair enough. And I think that Azure will be a great Jedi, just like her father," Alazne said with a smile. "How are things between you and Anakin?" Satine asked. "They're good. He's still beating himself up for what happened. Even though I've told him that I've forgiven him," Alanze answered. "Are you sure that you can trust him? I'm not questioning your logic. I'm just curious is all," Satine said. "I'm sure. If I'm honest, I think Palpatine brainwashed him to believe that I would die in childbirth. And that the only one who could save me was Palpatine," Alazne answered. "Possibly. But he still should have spoken to your brothers," Satine replied. Not long after, Satine put Azure down to sleep. Once she was asleep, Alazne and Satine went in search of their husbands. They eventually found them in the library, talking away like old times. "It's been a long time since we've seen you two talking like brothers. I'm guessing this means you forgive him, Obi-Wan?" Alazne asked.

"I have. You were right when you said that there was still good in him, Alazne," Obi-Wan replied. "But how could you be so sure though? After all that I did? Especially to you," Anakin wondered. "Call it a wife's intuition. I just knew. I know that you did bad things but I knew that behind all that, the man that I married all those years ago was still in there somewhere," Alazne said. Anakin then walked over to her and hugged her. "I'm so sorry that I did all that. Mace told me to stay at the temple whilst he and a few of the other masters arrested him. But I was a fool by not listening to him. And I can never apologise to you or anyone else enough for that," Anakin said, feeling alone kissing his cheek. Just then, they heard Obi-Wan clear his throat, making them look over to him. "I'm not going to argue with you about what you just said, Anakin. But you realised your mistakes and have started trying to make amends for that. But there's still a lot of the mess that you made whilst brainwashed that needs to be cleaned up," Obi-Wan said. Anakin looked to the floor in dismay at the reminder of his past mistakes but cheered up a little when Alazne kissed his cheek again. A few hours later, Obi-Wan and Anakin were ready to go. They would be going back to Coruscant to clean up the temple and return it to its former glory. As Alazne watched the ship take off, she noticed that Satine had joined her. "They'll be OK, you know? They're two of the bravest Jedi around. Stubborn yes, but brave," Satine said. "That's true. Thanks for being here for me, Satine," Alazne responded. "It's OK. That's what friends are for," Satine replied. As Anakin and Obi-Wan sat aboard the ship going through hyperspace to get to Coruscant, Obi-Wan noticed that Anakin seemed angry and upset.

"It's not your fault, Anakin. It's Palpatine's. And in a way, it's mine as well. I know that you are probably wondering how it's my fault. Because I should have seen the manipulation. I should have seen that he was bad. Maybe if I had noticed all of the warning signs earlier, I could have helped you. And I apologise for that. I'm sorry for not helping you when I could have done so," Obi-Wan said. "It's not your fault. As you said, it's Palpatine's. But whilst we can't change the past, we can make sure that the future is better. And we can start doing that by fixing our home," Anakin replied. Not long after, they arrived at Coruscant. When Anakin saw the temple, he felt deep remorse knowing that he was to blame for it being in its current state. But he knew that by returning it to its former glory was a start in the right direction to atone for his past mistakes. As they walked through the temple, Anakin saw all of the blaster and lightsabre marks along the floor. And his remorse and guilt deepened, remembering all of the Jedi and the younglings that he killed that day. He knew that a lot of the lightsabre marks along the floor were most likely from his lightsabre. Noticing Anakin's demeanour, Obi-Wan walked over to him. "I know what you are thinking, old friend. You were brainwashed so you had no control over what you did," Obi-Wan said. "I know. But my fear of losing Alazne caused me to be stupid and I should have just talked to her brothers. However, I can slowly but surely make up for all of my mistakes," Anakin replied. As they started to restore the temple to its former glory, Anakin was fixing the lights in one of the rooms when he noticed a holo video had started to play. When he saw what it contained, he was shocked.

It was a holo video of himself killing all of the younglings. In another holo video, he saw Palpatine knighting him as Darth Vader. After watching all of the holo videos showing the atrocities of his past self, he fell to the ground and started to cry. When Obi-Wan found him, he was still in the same position. As soon as he saw the holo videos playing, he turned them off before pulling his former padawan into a hug. "I'm sorry, master. I'm so sorry. I killed so many. Many of them were only younglings. And no matter what, it's something that I can't forget, no matter how much I wish I could forget it or that I could go back and stop myself," Anakin said through sobs. "I know. But it's in the past now. We have to move on from it. Just think of this. You have Alazne and me, as well as everyone else to help you through it. You are not alone, old friend. We'll all help you," Obi-Wan replied. "Thank you. Thank you for looking after Alazne and the children when I couldn't," Anakin said. "It's alright. But next time, come to me or one of the others so that we can help you, OK?" Obi-Wan asked, to which Anakin nodded. After Anakin had calmed down enough, they got back to work. Before long, they finished repairing the temple. Once they looked at their work, they were both happy to have the temple back to its former glory.