Chapter 6

As Alazne picked up Luna who had just started to cry, she sat down and for the first time since the beginning of the war, she felt scared. She had lost her husband to the dark and now she had four children to raise on her own. Alazne knew that her brothers and her friends would gladly help her but that wasn't the same thing. This was supposed to be a special time for her and Anakin but Anakin's actions changed it. She couldn't understand why he would do what he did. As she sang a lullaby to sing Luna to sleep, Alazne hoped that she could manage to raise her children without fear of the empire finding them. After all that had happened, she decided to stay on Mandalore for a while. She knew that Mandalore was the last place that anyone would think to look for her. Before she got there though, she needed to go to Tatooine and Alderaan first. Before she left Lullacaath, she had found three abandoned children, a girl and a twin boy and a girl. She found the girl on the day that she arrived back on Lullacaath and then she found the twins a few days later. She named the twins Kyle and Mavis and the other girl she named Altheria. Alazne knew how much Bail and his wife, Breha, wanted to have a baby girl, so she knew that they would love to raise Altheria. She was going to take Mavis and Kyle to Anakin's stepbrother, Owen and his wife Beru, on Tatooine. Afterwards, she was going to go to Mandalore to stay with Satine for a while. Just then, Obi-Wan walked over and sat next to her. Once Mavis, Kyle and Altheria were checked over and were said to be healthy, she decided to leave Lullacaath for Mandalore and Obi-Wan decided to go with her. "I'm so sorry, Alazne. I should have seen the change in Anakin sooner," he said, sounding sad. "It's not your fault. No one saw this coming. Not even me," Alazne replied. 

"But he was my padawan. I should have seen it. maybe then none of this would have happened. At least then, you would still have your husband and the children would get to know their father," Obi-Wan told her. "Maybe things would have been different if we had noticed. Maybe not. We don't know. But we cannot change the past. We can only focus on the future. And thank you, for not letting mine and Anakin's secret out. You didn't have to do that but you did," Alazne answered, putting Luna back into her crib before sitting down again. "I know. I always knew that there was something between you two. I could just tell," Obi-Wan said. "Were we that obvious?" Alazne asked. "You two had a bond stronger than any I've seen. But ultimately, I had a hunch," Obi-Wan replied. "We kept it a secret because we knew that Anakin was breaking the rules by being with me. And I knew that if anyone found out that I was married to him, they could try to use one of us as bait for the other," Alazne responded. "But why didn't either of you tell me?" Obi-Wan asked. "Because we were worried about how you would feel about it. And anyway, you never told us about you and Satine," Alazne replied with a smile. "I'm sure that I don't know what you mean," Obi-Wan replied with a blush on his face. "Yes, you do. Every time you would go to Mandalore for something, you would always be happy. And your forgetting, I'm friends with Satine. Whenever you two talk about each other, you both have smiles on your faces. You said about how you had a hunch about me and Anakin. And that we seemed to have a strong bond. Well, that's you and Satine. You both work so well together. We never told anyone or brought it up to you because it wasn't our place to say anything," Alazne said. 

After that was said, there was a comfortable silence between the two. After they dropped Altheria off at Alderaan, they also gave Bail and Breha plans for a planet-wide shield for them to use in case they needed it. Alazne also sent the plans to Naboo. As soon as they dropped Mavis and Kyle to Tatooine, they made their way to Mandalore. She didn't know how long she would stay on Mandalore, but Alazne knew that she had to protect her children at all costs. As she toyed with her japor snippet necklace, Alazne hoped that one day, Anakin would snap out of whatever delusion-filled state he was in.