Chapter 12

A few weeks later, news reached Lullacaath that the remainder of the empire was fleeing. Though they knew that the empire was fleeing, they were still dangerous. After learning of the news, Padme and Ariel both suggested that Alazne should become the supreme chancellor of the new republic. She knew that given the chance, the pair of them would attempt to have her elected as supreme chancellor. But she doubted her abilities to be a good chancellor. She didn't dwell on those thoughts for long, though as her ship neared Kalevala in the Mandalore system. Satine was pregnant again and as she was nearing her due date, she wanted Alazne to be there to help her when the time came. Alazne agreed and Anakin offered to go with her, to which she agreed. As soon as they landed on Kalevala, they ran into the palace in search of Satine. They eventually bumped into Obi-Wan who looked thankful to see Alazne. "How is she?" Alazne asked. "She's just gone into labour," Obi-Wan replied, leading the way. As Alazne went into the room with Satine, Obi-Wan stayed outside with Anakin. As time went by, Obi-Wan started to look more nervous as he heard Satine scream. He started to pace from how nervous he felt. "Master, will you please stop that?" Anakin asked. "No, Anakin. I won't. How can I when I'm listening to my wife scream in pain?" Obi-Wan replied. "I'm sure she'll be fine," Anakin answered. "You don't know that, Anakin. You don't know what it's like to help a woman give birth. I was there when Alazne gave birth to your children. It should have been you there with her. But you were off with Palpatine being his pet," Obi-Wan said. "I know. Your right. And I'm sorry. But there's nothing that I can do to change that now," Anakin replied. Just then they heard a baby cry. Alazne walked out of the room and looked at Obi-Wan with a smile. "Go on in. You have a beautiful baby girl," she said before letting Obi-Wan into the room.

As soon as Obi-Wan walked into the room, he smiled as he saw Satine holding their baby girl. "Obi-Wan, come say hello," Satine said with a smile. As he sat down next to Satine, his smile grew wider. "She's beautiful. Just like her mother. What's her name?" Obi-Wan asked. "Azure. Her name's Azure," Satine replied. Alazne smiled at the pair before leaving them be and sat down next to Anakin. "Good job, helping Satine in there. Where did you learn how to do that?" Anakin asked. "I gave birth to four children remember? And I also helped Padme and Ariel when they were pregnant," Alazne replied, resting her head on his shoulder and holding his robotic hand. Anakin smiled before resting his hand on top of hers. "I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me," Anakin said. "It's not your fault. It's Palpatine's. And I'm glad that he's gone and that you're here with me, safe," Alazne answered. After a while, Anakin noticed that Alazne had fallen asleep. He smiled at the sight before picking her up and taking her and putting her to bed. A few days later, Padme and Ariel joined them on Kalevala to help Satine get used to everything. "Alazne, I have a question for you," Padme said. "What is it, Padme?" Alazne asked. "Why did you forgive Anakin? After everything that happened?" Padme asked. "Because I knew that there was still good in him and that he wasn't in his right mind during all of it," Alazne replied. A few hours later, Alazne started to get ready to leave. "Alazne, where are you going?"Ariel asked. "I'm going back to Ossus for a while to visit Luke and Luna," Alazne replied. When Anakin noticed what she was doing, he asked if she minded if he joined her. She agreed and said that she would be grateful for the company. On the way to Ossus, Alazne noticed that Anakin looked sad. "Ani, what's wrong?" she asked. "Everyone hates me, don't they? The kids, your brothers, your sisters-in-law, Obi-Wan. They all hate me because I was an idiot," Anakin said.

"They don't hate you, Ani. Yes, they were mad at you. But they know that you were manipulated by Palpatine. They've all forgiven you. Yes, it took them some time but they did. And I know that if my father was alive, he'd have forgiven you too," Alazne said. Noticing how sad Alazne was, Anakin hugged her. "I'm sorry about your father. I wish that there was something that I could have done to save him," Anakin said. "It's not your fault. But it's OK. I know that he's with my mother now so that's something," Alazne replied. Once they arrived on Ossus, they were instantly greeted by Luke and Luna. They showed them around and Anakin had to admit that he was proud of the pair of them. After a few weeks, Alazne went back to Lullacaath. She offered for Anakin to join her but he said that he would stay for a while longer to help Luke and Luna. As he helped them, he was happy to be able to spend time with them. Whilst the trio were busy making the new temple come together, Ahsoka was looking at her Jedi Holocron at the list of force-sensitive people. After a few days, Anakin and Luke noticed that Luna had developed a bad cough. "Luna, are you OK? I think you should rest," Luke said. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me," Luna replied.

"Your brother's right, Luna. You're ill. You need to rest so that you can get better," Anakin added. "All right. I guess that I could go and rest for a while," Luna said, going back to her chambers. As she walked away, Anakin looked to the floor in sadness before sitting down. "What's wrong, Dad?" Luke asked, sitting next to him. "Luna hates me, doesn't she?" Anakin asked. "She doesn't hate you, dad. She's just annoyed. You weren't there when we were younger and now that you're here, it's taking some getting used to. And she knows that it wasn't your fault due to you being brain-controlled but it upsets her that it took so long for you to be able to snap out of it," Luke replied. "I know. And I'm sorry for being on the dark side. But it's all thanks to you that I ended up back on the light side. So thank you, Luke," Anakin said. "I'm glad that your back, too," Luke replied as he hugged his father. Whilst Ashoka went to find new students, Anakin and Luke spent time between finishing off building the new school and nursing Luna back to health. Under their watchful eyes, Luna soon made a quick recovery, and she was glad that it allowed her bond with her father to grow.