Chapter 2

A few weeks later, Anakin and Obi-Wan had completed their mission and it was now time for them to return to Coruscant. Alazne was sad to see the pair leave. During their time on Lullacaath, she had gotten quite close to the pair. So seeing them leave was hard as she had grown used to having them around. Before they left, Anakin asked Alazne if he could talk to her in private. So, Alazne led Anakin to a quieter part of the castle before turning to look at him. "What's wrong, Anakin? Your ship is leaving soon," she said, sadness lacing her voice. "I know. But I wanted to give you something first," Anakin replied before giving her a necklace. "Anakin, it's so beautiful," Alazne said, admiring the detail on the necklace. "I made it for you. It's a japor snippet. It's meant to bring you good luck and fortune. I made it for you so that you would have something to remember me by," Anakin said, nervously. "Anakin, I love it. I'll never take it off," she answered, placing the necklace around her neck. Just then, Obi-Wan called out to Anakin to tell them that they needed to leave. Anakin gave Alazne one last kiss before he ran to catch up with Obi-Wan. As she watched the ship containing Anakin and Obi-Wan leave, Alazne felt her heartbreak a little knowing that it may be a long time before she saw them again. A year later, Alazne and her younger brother, Eric, were all set to go to Coruscant. Their older brother, Liam, suggested that Eric and Alazne would be the best ones to go to Coruscant to represent Lullacaath in the senate. Before leaving, Eric and Alazne decided to go in disguise so that they could blend in more easily. Luckily for them, they had doubles. They just hoped that nothing bad happened once they arrived on Coruscant. Unfortunately, that was not the case. As soon as the royal ship had landed on Coruscant, it had been attacked and Alazne ran over to her best friend and double, Celestia. "Celestia, are you OK?" she asked, sounding worried. "I'm sorry, your highness. I failed you," Celestia said. Alazne started to cry as she saw the light fade from Celestia's eyes. Eric placed a comforting hand on his sister's shoulder knowing how heartbroken she must feel at the death of her friend. "Your majesties, we need to go. It's not safe for either of you here," their guard, Killian said. Alazne nods her head in understanding before the trio left for safety. After being allowed to change, Eric and Alazne went to visit Chancellor Palpatine and the Jedi Council in the Chancellor's office. "Princess Alazne, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that I'm glad you and your brother are safe," the chancellor said with a smile. "So am I, Chancellor. But I am curious to know why someone would attack our ship. We have no enemies. What could our attacker or attackers possibly gain from our deaths?" Alazne asked, sounding upset and angry. "I'm afraid I don't know, your majesty. That is one question that I cannot answer," the Chancellor replied gravelly. "Master Yoda, would it be possible for a Jedi to stay with my sister as protection? I feel as if whoever attacked our ship might have been aiming to harm her. Especially after the assassin last year," Eric said. After thinking it over, Master Yoda agreed and said that he would send two Jedi later that day after they returned from their mission. Once they finished the meeting with the Chancellor and the council, Eric and Alazne left and returned to their shared apartment. A few hours later, the two Jedi arrived, as promised. Alazne smiled when she saw that it was Obi-Wan. It took her a few seconds to recognise Anakin as he had grown taller and more handsome since she had seen him last. "Ani, is that you? My, you've grown," she said, knowing that she was blushing at the sight of the handsome Jedi before her. The trio caught up on everything that had happened over the past year before Alazne grew tired and went to bed. Before she went, Anakin managed to persuade her to take R2-D2 with her so that he could keep an eye on her during the night. Later that night, Alazne awoke to Anakin jumping onto her bed and cutting a Kouhun in half. Then she saw Obi-Wan jump through her bedroom window whilst Anakin ran back out of the bedroom door. After they left, her handmaiden Rose came to check on her. After all of the events that had just happened, she just wanted to go home. The next morning, she brought the subject up to Obi-Wan and Anakin. She told them that after what had happened firstly with the ship and then with the kouhun, she would feel safer going back to Lullacaath. After a while of deliberating, both Jedi agreed with her. They agreed and it was decided that Anakin would go with her. Once they arrived at Lullacaath, Alazne showed Anakin to where his room was before she showed him around the castle again. Even though she knew that Anakin was busy saving the galaxy, she was still mad at him for not trying to reach out to her during their year apart. When they reached a more private part of the castle, Alazne stopped walking. As soon as he noticed, Anakin looked at Alazne in confusion. "Alazne, what's wrong?" he asked, worried. "Do you love me, Anakin? Do you really love me?" she asked, her voice sounding small. "Yes. Yes, I do. And I'm sorry that I left. I shouldn't have left and not spoken to you. But I promise never to do that again. And I'm glad that you still wear my necklace. I was worried that you might have forgotten me," Anakin said with a sheepish smile. As soon as he said that Alazne smiled before kissing him.