Chapter 14

As Obi-Wan and Anakin worked on rebuilding the Jedi temple, Alazne continued to work on her paperwork. She hated doing the paperwork, but she knew that it needed to be done. Just then, she heard a noise in the corridor. Thinking that it was one of the children, she thought nothing of it. But when it became more persistent, she got up to see what it was. As she was looking around the corridor, she felt something hit the back of her head before she fell to the ground unconscious. As she was picked up by someone, they placed a holo on her desk for her family to find before leaving with Alazne. Not long after, Eirian went to her mother's office to ask her if she would like to join her for a walk in the gardens. But as she walked into her mother's office, she was surprised to find that she wasn't there. Just then, she noticed an odd-looking holo on her mother's desk. Curious, she picked it up and played it. But after she watched it, she screamed. After hearing Eirian scream, Luke ran into their mother's office, closely followed by Luna and Leia. "Leia, what's wrong? Why did you scream?" Luke asked, hugging his sister. "Mother's been kidnapped. And her kidnapper left a holo explaining why," Eirian explained. "What? We need to tell Dad and Obi-Wan. They'll know what to do," Leia explained. "But Dad and Obi-Wan are at the Jedi temple on Coruscant. We can't worry them now," Luna said. "If we wait, then Dad will be even more worried. You know what he's like when it comes to mom. He's only just got her back. He's not going to be happy that she's been kidnapped," Leia replied. "Leia's got a point. But they'll be back sometime today. As soon as they get back, we'll tell them and show them the holo," Luke said. Just then Han, Caelestis and Davian joined them. "Guys, what's wrong?" Davian asked, noticing the look on their faces. "Our mothers been kidnapped," Luke replied. The trio stood shocked that someone would kidnap Alazne. 

A few hours later, Anakin and Obi-Wan arrived back on Lullacaath. As they walked into the palace, they noticed the looks on everyone's faces. "What's wrong? What happened? Is somebody hurt?" Obi-Wan asked. "Our mothers been kidnapped by Aetas. He wants to hurt her in revenge for the death of his uncle and cousin," Eirian explained as she handed Anakin the holo so that they could watch it. After watching it, Anakin crushed it in his hand before running back outside towards the ship. "What's wrong with dad? I've never seen him that mad before," Luke said. "Aetas is the cousin of Mael and the nephew of Mitch. Mael was the reason why your mother miscarried," Obi-Wan replied. "Now I can understand why Dad's so mad," Luke answered. "Uncle Obi-Wan, can you go with our dad, please? I know that he wants to save mom. But I'm scared that something will go wrong and that he'll become Darth Vader again," Eirian explained. "I will. I promise," Obi-Wan replied before running after Anakin. As Anakin was boarding the ship, he noticed that Obi-Wan had joined him. "Let me guess, you're going to help me save Alazne?" Anakin asked. "Of course, I am. Now let's go save her," Obi-Wan replied as they boarded the ship. Meanwhile, Alazne was just waking up. As she tried to move, she noticed the chains around her wrists. Her ankle was hurting so she guessed that she must have broken it when she fell. Just then, she noticed someone walk into the room. When she saw who it was, she was surprised to see that it was Aetas. "What do you want, Aetas? Why did you kidnap me? Let me go," she said. "Now why should I do that? Why would I do that when I am so close to getting my revenge?" he asked with a sadistic grin. "Revenge for what? The death of your uncle and cousin? They deserved everything they got," Alazne replied.  

"No, they didn't. If you had just married Mael, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. He was much better than that pathetic excuse of a Jedi that you decided to marry," Aetas said with malice. "You're wrong. Anakin is a better man than Mael ever was. And Anakin isn't going to be happy that you kidnapped me," Alazne replied. Just then, she screamed in pain as Aetas pressed a button on the wall that made electricity surge through the chains. "We shall see, princess. What better bait for him than you? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a plan to set into motion," he said before leaving the room. As Alazne looked out the window, she smiled as she looked at the stars. She knew that Anakin would rescue her soon. With that thought in mind, she slowly drifted off to sleep. Back onboard the ship, Anakin started to get angry as he tried to think where Aetas could have taken Alazne. In his anger, he punched the wall of the cockpit with his metal hand. "Anakin. Punching the wall won't help us find Alazne faster. We have to be rational about this. And getting angry won't help us either. Don't make Eirian's fears come true," Obi-Wan said. "What do you mean?" Anakin asked. "Before I left to join you, she told me that she was scared. She was scared that you would become Vader and want to destroy the galaxy again. And going down that path again isn't going to help anyone," Obi-wan replied. "I'm sorry. And you are right. But she isn't the only one who's scared about that. So am I. I'm scared that one day, I'm going to wake up and I'll be that person again. The only one who gives me hope is Alazne. Through all those years alone, I just wished that I could see her again, even if it was just for a few seconds. And when I was reunited with her, I was so happy. I'm happy that I got a second chance. But now I'm scared that I'm going to lose her," Anakin said. Before Obi-Wan had a chance to answer him, they received a message from Ashoka and Rex.

They said that Aetas had taken Alazne to Anstalar VI. Not long after, Anakin and Obi-Wan's ship exited hyperspace near the planet. Anakin just hoped that Alazne was all right as they made their way to the planet's surface. Meanwhile, Alazne was woken up by Aetas' sister, Freya. "I'm sorry it took so long for me to get here. I just found out that my brother kidnapped you," she said as she untied the chains that held Alazne in place. "Thank you. Did he tell you why?" Alazne asked, cringing from the pain that she felt from her broken ankle as well as from being electrocuted. "Yes. And I don't agree with it. That's why I'm choosing to help you over him. I'm guessing your ankle's broken so I'm going to carry you to safety, OK?" Freya asked to which Alazne nodded. After landing on the planet, Anakin and Obi-Wan walked towards the throne room of the palace to speak to King Arien and his wife, Anastasia. "Hello, dear Jedi. How can we help you?" Anastasia asked. "My wife, Alazne, was kidnapped today. And we've received information that she was brought here," Anakin answered. "Your information would be correct. Our daughter, Freya, brought it to our attention. Aetas told her what he had planned, and she didn't agree with it. He had taken Alazne to the dungeons, but Freya has taken her somewhere safer in the castle. I am sorry for the actions that my son has committed against Alazne. But I beg you, please don't kill him," Arien said to which Anakin agreed. "Thank you. I had a feeling that you would be arriving and before you did, I asked Aetas to join us," Anastasia said. Just then, the door behind Obi-Wan and Anakin opened to reveal Aetas. When he saw Anakin, he fired his blaster at him which Anakin was able to block with his lightsabre. "I knew you would come, Skywalker. It was almost too easy to get you here. And now I can get my revenge for the death of my cousin and my uncle," Aetas said.  

"Well, you must be crazy to think that you can beat a Jedi in a fight," Anakin said. "I can agree to that," someone said from behind Anakin. When he turned around, he was happy to see Alazne. He ran over to her and gently hugged her. Hearing Aetas scoff, Alazne looked at him with a glare. "I don't know why you are scoffing, Aetas. Your plan was stupid," she said. "Coming from you. You're married to a Sith," Aetas countered. "That was the past. And for your information, my husband was manipulated to do Palpatine's bidding. But Anakin was strong enough to break free from the manipulation. Now, I suggest you apologise to Anakin for that comment. And also to me for kidnapping me and hurting me," Alazne said, her glare intensifying. Anakin smirked at his wife's bravery, even when injured. If she hadn't been a princess, she would have made an excellent Jedi. "OK, OK. I'm sorry. To everyone. But I have to warn you, Anakin. Someone may be after you. From the ashes of the Empire, someone has created the First Order. I don't know who it is. I just know that they have created the First Order," Aetas said. "Thank you. I haven't forgiven you but thank you for telling me. Just a word of advice. Don't kidnap my wife again," Anakin said, to which Aetas nodded before leaving the room. After he left, Anakin gently picked Alazne up bridal style and carried her back to the ship. When the pair were aboard, along with Obi-Wan, they left the planet. Obi-Wan piloted the ship whilst Anakin sat with Alazne in his arms, sleeping. When they arrived back on Lullacaath, Obi-Wan smiled as he saw the pair sleeping with smiles on their faces. He gently woke Anakin up so that they could take Alazne to the med bay. When she woke up, Alazne noticed that she was in the med bay on Lullacaath. Just then, she saw Anakin walk in. "Hey, handsome," she said with a smile. "Hello, my beautiful wife. How are you feeling?" he asked, sitting next to her on the bed. 

"A bit worse for wear. But I feel better now that I'm with you," Alazne said, placing her hand on Anakin's cheek. When she did, Anakin turned his slightly and kissed the palm of her hand. "I'm glad that you are OK. I was scared that I was going to lose you," Anakin replied. "Well, you didn't. So, you don't have to worry," Alazne said. Just then, Luke, Leia, Luna and Eirian walked in. When they saw that Alazne was awake, they ran over to her and took it in turns to hug her. "Mother, I'm so glad that you are safe. I was scared that he was going to kill you," Eirian said. "Well, he didn't. And you have your father to thank for that. Along with Obi-Wan," Alazne replied. "Thanks, Dad. You showed that you can change. Just like the Jedi you were in the stories" Eirian said, hugging him. "What stories?" Anakin asked, curious. "Mom used to tell us stories about all your battles and adventures. Obi-Wan, Ashoka and Rex told us some too. But it was mostly mom," Luke answered. Anakin smiled at Alazne who was blushing. "What? They asked what you were like. So, I told them," she said with a smile. After a few hours, Luke and his sisters left so that Alazne could get some sleep. As Alazne slept, Anakin held her hand before falling asleep beside her.