Chapter 15

As Alazne sat in bed reading her book, she couldn't help but feel bored. Ever since she had been injured, everyone had encouraged her to remain on bed rest until she had the all-clear. She knew that they just wanted the best for her, but she was bored of staying in bed all of the time. Just then, she heard the door open and looked up from her book to see C-3PO walk into the room. "Hello, my lady. Master Anakin wanted me to make sure that you were resting and were alright. And your children are making breakfast for you," C-3PO said. "Thank you for checking up on me, C-3PO. And did they say why?" Alazne asked. As soon as she said that she heard the door open again and saw Luke, Luna, Leia and Eirian walk in with a tray of breakfast. Using the force, Luke made it float over to her and gently placed it on her lap. "Morning, Mom. Breakfast is served," he said with a smile. When Alazne looked at the tray, she noticed that it had "Thank you. All of you. Did you make all of this?" Alazne asked as she started to dig into the food. "No, we didn't. Dad was the one who made it. And he was the one to add the small vase of roses, as well," Luna replied. "He made this? Well, he always was a very good cook. And I figured that he was the one to add the rose. He knows how much I love them," Alazne said. "What can I say? Roses for the most beautiful rose of all," Alazne heard from the doorway. When she looked up, she smiled when she saw that it was Anakin. "Thank you for breakfast, Ani," she said with a smile as Anakin kissed her on the forehead. "I will always do anything for you, love. Remember when you were sick with the Blue Shadow Virus?" Anakin asked. "Yes, I do. And how you were able to find the cure and almost get hurt from doing so. I was more worried about you than I was about myself at that point," Alazne said. "I did all of it to save you and the others. And I would do it again in a heartbeat," Anakin answered, smiling. 

"Mom, can you sing for us like you did when we were small?" Eirian asked. Alazne nodded and started to sing as Eirian, Leia and Luna sat on the bed with her as Luke and Anakin stood by the wall. "Thank you for helping her, Dad," Luke said. "You don't need to thank me, Luke. But she got hurt and it's my fault. I wasn't here to protect her," Anakin replied with a frown. "It's OK. And enough with that. It's not your fault. Now, let's enjoy listening to Mom sing," Luke said with his hand on Anakin's shoulder before going to sit by the bed. As Luke went to sit on the chair next to the bed and listen to his mother sing, Anakin smiled whilst looking at his family. Slowly but surely, Eirian, Luke, Leia and Luna started to fall asleep. Noticing that the children were asleep, Alazne smiled before she stopped singing. She moved a piece of hair from Eirian's face before she kissed all four children on the forehead. When she looked towards Anakin, she noticed that he looked nervous. "What's wrong, Ani?" she asked, feeling worried. "I was just thinking about what Aetas said about someone from the Empire creating the First Order. What if they want me back? What if they hurt you? Or Luke, Luna, Leia or Eirian? I don't want anyone that I care about to be hurt. And I'm worried that whoever it is will try to brainwash me again and that I end up hurting one of you. I missed so much of the kid's lives because of my stupidity," Anakin said sounding worried. Carefully getting out of bed to ensure she didn't wake the girls, Alazne slowly and carefully walked over to Anakin. Sensing what she was going to do, Anakin walked towards her and met her halfway. "If they want you, then they won't get you. We'll all make sure of that. They can try to get you but they will fail. Now, stop worrying and rest," Alazne said, smiling at Anakin. "Mom's right. We've all forgiven you for that and we all love you, Dad," Luke said and the girls agreed with him. 

Smiling, Anakin picked Alazne up bridal style and placed her on the bed before joining her. Luke and his sisters moved to either side of them before they all eventually fell asleep. A few weeks later, Anakin smiled as he looked around his and Alazne's old apartment. After Alazne's injuries were fully healed, they decided to move back to Coruscant to be closer to the Jedi temple. As Alazne stood on the balcony brushing her hair, Anakin stood and admired her. "I'm so glad to have you back in my life," Anakin said with a smile. "And I'm glad to have you back. How is the work on the temple going?" Alazne asked. "It's going great. We have two temples now instead of just one. Being back here is both good and bad. It's good because a lot of my happiest memories are here with you. But it's also bad because I did a lot of bad things here. And I am so sorry for hurting you. I promised your father on his deathbed that I would protect you but I failed," Anakin said. Just as he was about to continue talking, Alazne put her finger on his lips with a smile. "It's OK. I'm alive and well as are our children. I know that you were scared and that's why you did what you did. And I understand that, as would my father. It's all in the past now. So you don't need to apologise for it. I love you. Bad things happened in the past and you were able to overcome them. And I am so proud of you for that," Alazne said. Anakin just smiled and hugged her. Not long after, they both decided to head off to sleep. Later that night, Anakin started to have a nightmare. In it, he was walking around the Jedi temple when he saw Luke and Luna on the ground. When he checked on them, he was happy that they were alive. However, when he looked around, he saw the lifeless bodies of Ashoka, Obi-Wan, Rex, Leia and Eirian amongst others strewn throughout the room. He started to run through the halls and open doors. 

As he opened one door, he watched in horror as a figure dressed all in black stabbed Alazne in the chest. At that point, he woke up screaming and crying. Hearing Anakin scream, Alazne woke up with a start. When she saw that he was crying, she immediately pulled him into a hug and started to stroke his hair to calm him down. "I'm sorry for waking you up, love," Anakin said after he had calmed down enough. "What worried you so much, Ani?" Alazne asked, laying her head on his shoulder. "I had a nightmare. In it, I was walking through the Jedi temple when I saw Luke and Luna on the floor unconscious. But around them, I saw Obi-Wan, Leia, Eirian and everyone else I care about lying on the floor dead. Everyone excluding you. I started running around trying to find you. When I opened one of the doors, I saw someone dressed all in black stabbing you in the chest. And that scares me. I thought I lost you once. I can't go through that again. I'm worried that what Aetas said is right. Whoever is creating the First Order will want Vader. And that thought scares me," Anakin said, putting his face in his hands. "Anakin, it won't happen. None of us will let it happen. Without the emperor, the empire is lost. You are on the light side, not the dark. You aren't Vader. You are Anakin Skywalker, the loyal and brave Jedi that I fell in love with all of those years ago," Alazne said, moving Anakin's hands from his face before kissing him. When she did, it caused Anakin to start smiling. "There's that handsome smile that I know and love," Alazne said before Anakin kissed her again. "I'm so sorry for waking you up, love," Anakin said. "It's alright. But make sure to talk with Obi-Wan about it tomorrow. Maybe he can help you figure it out. Now let's try and get back to sleep, OK?" Alazne suggested. Anakin agreed and they both eventually went back to sleep.