Chapter 11

Anakin smiled sadly as he watched Liam and Ariel walk away. Alazne placed a hand on his shoulder with a smile. "Don't be sad, Anakin. He's forgiven you. And so have I. I'm going for a walk in the gardens. Would you like to join me?" Alazne asked. Anakin agreed and held his arm out for her to hold. She held onto his arm before they made their through the gardens, much like they had so many years before. "The stars are pretty, aren't they?" she asked, looking at the sky. "Yes, they are. But not as pretty as you," Anakin replied, causing Alazne to blush. Just then, Anakin bent down next to one of the bushes and picked a rose. When he stood back up, he placed the rose in her hair before touching her cheek and kissing her. Alazne gladly returned the kiss, smiling at sharing such a romantic moment with Anakin after so long. As they pulled apart, Alazne saw a shooting star and made a wish. "What did you wish for, love?" Anakin asked as they sat down on a nearby bench. "I can't tell you, silly. If I do, it won't come true," Alazne replied, laughing with joy. As they looked at the stars, Alazne laid her head on Anakin's shoulder with a smile. "I love you, Alazne. I love you with all my heart," Anakin said, looking down at her. "I love you too," Alazne replied, kissing Anakin's cheek. After a while, Anakin noticed that Alazne had fallen asleep. He smiled at the sight before picking her up and carrying her back to her chambers. Once he'd placed her into bed, he kissed her forehead before leaving the room, being careful to close the door quietly. R2 went to him, beeping worriedly as he was concerned for his old friend. "I'm OK, R2. I just need to think over some things," Anakin said with a small smile before walking off. Anakin walked to the gardens and sat on a bench near Alazne's bedroom. He knew that he had made a lot of mistakes over the last few years. He just hoped that he could make it up to everybody. 

Over the next few weeks, Anakin had done a lot of thinking and was determined to start making things right with everyone that he had wronged. And he was going to start with Alazne. But whenever he tried to talk to her about it, she always said that she was busy helping her brothers or playing with her nieces and nephews. It left him heartbroken knowing that it was going to be harder than he thought. He decided to go and talk to Obi-Wan to ask him for his help. "I don't know what to do, Obi-Wan. I'm trying to make things right with her. But every time I try, she always says that she's busy. And I don't know what to do," Anakin said, looking down. "Well, I can understand it from her perspective. You did hurt her. You promised her that you would keep her safe yet you broke that promise. You told her that you would always protect her yet you end up being the one that she needed protecting from. Anakin, you force-choked her whilst she was pregnant because I was on the ship with her and you thought that I was there to kill you. She didn't know that I was on the ship. And I wasn't there to kill you. I just wanted to talk to you. And then, while you were off busy being the emperor's pet, you left her behind to raise your children. Then years later, you hurt your children as well as my son. You then cut off my hand and Luke's. You also had Han and Caelestis frozen in carbonite. So I can fully understand her apprehension, Anakin," Obi-Wan said. "You're right. Nothing I say will ever change the fact that I hurt people that I cared about. I've apologised to my children and the girls ended up punching me. Followed by Caelestis and Han. I know that I've got a lot of making up to do for all of them. Especially to Alazne," Anakin replied. 

"Give her time, Anakin. It's been so long since you've been together as a couple that it'll take her time to get used to it again. But I do know one thing. She loves you. After everything that happened, that's the one thing that never changed. She never stopped loving you," Obi-Wan told his old padawan before going off to find Satine. After he left, Anakin went in search of Alazne. He eventually found her in the gardens. As he got closer, he realised that she was singing. So when he got close enough, he leaned against a wall and listened to her sing in the light of the setting sun. Once she finished singing, she noticed Anakin watching her. "Ani, what are you doing here?" she asked with a smile as she walked over to him. "I just wanted to say that I was sorry. And to tell you that I would understand if you wanted to punch me or slap me," he answered, closing his eyes and expecting her to hit him. When she didn't, he opened his eyes, feeling confused. As soon as she was close enough, Alazne placed her hands on his cheeks. "I'm not going to do that. Doing so would cause me more pain than you could imagine. And I've already forgiven you, Ani. When you were under the emperor's spell, I knew that there was still good in you. It was just a case of how to free you from his spell. But you should have told my brothers about the nightmares. They could have helped," she said. "I know. But I was so caught up in my fear that I ended up just being stupid," Anakin replied. "You weren't stupid. You were afraid. And when we're afraid, we sometimes do things that we wouldn't normally do. But your back now, my handsome Jedi," Alazne said. Anakin gently placed his robotic hand on her face and smiled before pulling her close and hugging her. When he did, he started to cry. 

"I promise you that I will never hurt you again. I thought I lost you once. I never want to feel that pain again," he said. Pulling back from the hug slightly, Alazne kissed Anakin on the nose with a giggle. "I trust you. And I love you to the stars and back," Alazne said. As soon as she said that, Anakin smiled before picking her up and spinning her around. They both laughed and enjoyed the moment. Once he set her down, Alazne remembered something that she had meant to tell him. "I almost forgot to mention, you have a visitor," she said. "A visitor? Who is it?" Anakin asked, curious. "An old friend," said a voice from behind him. Turning around, Anakin smiled as he saw Ashoka. "Hello again, snips," he said, hugging his old padawan. "Hey, Skyguy. I'm glad that you two are together again," Ahsoka said, returning the hug. "So am I," Anakin answered, looking at Alazne with a lovestruck look on his face. "What are you doing here? I thought you were helping Luke and Luna look for a place to set up the new Jedi temple?" Anakin asked. "We've found one. I offered to come here to tell you and Obi-Wan. And that they want me to be the one to train the new Jedi," Ahsoka replied. After she said that, Anakin looked to the floor, knowing that a lot of innocent Jedi had died by his hand. "I know what your thinking, Ani. And it's not your fault that Order 66 happened. It's Palpatine's. Palpatine lied to you. He lied to everyone. But that doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that you're here and that we're all safe and happy," Alazne said, wrapping her arms around Anakin's waist. She smiled when she felt his arms wrap around her. "Alazne's right. He tricked you. But you eventually saw through the tricks and defeated him," Ahsoka added. Ahsoka smiled as she looked at the pair. She was happy that they had each other again after so long apart.