Chapter 10

After a while, Alazne walked off and went to join in the festivities. Whilst she did that, Anakin walked around the village with Luke and Luna. They told him about their training and how they were now fully-fledged Jedi. Anakin felt so proud of them for their accomplishment, especially in such a short amount of time. "I'm proud of you. Both of you. I know that you will both be excellent Jedi," Anakin said with a smile on his face. Just then, he saw Leia, Eirian, Han, Caelestis and Davian walking towards them. When Eirian was close enough, she slapped Anakin quite hard across the face. "You deserve that. And more. You deserve it for what you did to Mom. As well as for cutting Luke's hand off," Eirian said. Caelestis walked up to Anakin next and punched him in my stomach. "That was for freezing me and Han. As well as for hurting my father," he said. "I know. I know that I deserve it. I deserve that and so much more for all that I've done. To be honest, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't forgive me. And I wouldn't blame your mother if she didn't forgive me. I know that everything that I did was wrong. From leaving your mother to raise you all on her own to hurting all of you. I can't change what I've done. All I can do is apologise. I apologise to all of you for all the pain that I've caused you all. That is all I can do. Apologize for being an absolute idiot and for being a horrible father. Caelestis, I apologise for what I did to your father. And for what I did to you and Han in Cloud City. Luke, I owe you an apology as well for cutting off your hand," Anakin said, looking down at the ground.

"Dad, don't worry about it. I've already forgiven you. I know that when it happened, the emperor was manipulating you so you didn't have control of what you were doing. So you're forgiven," Luke replied with a smile. As soon as he said that, Anakin looked at Luke with a small smile before giving him a hug which Luna joined in on after a few seconds. Knowing that Anakin was telling the truth, Eirian and Leia joined their siblings in hugging their father. Happy to have his children in his arms, Anakin held them as close as he could. "I will never do anything to hurt any of you again. I promise," he said. Seeing the scene, Alazne had a smile on her face. She was happy to have her husband back again. And seeing him with the children made her even happier. Seeing Alazne watching, Anakin beckons her over with a smile. She happily did so and hugged their children, smiling at Anakin as she did so. As Alazne, Luke and Eirian pulled away from the hug a few minutes later, Luna and Leia stayed where they were. "I'm glad your home, Dad," Leia said. "So am I," Luna agreed. "And I'm glad too. I'm happy that I get to be with you. We can be a proper family now," Anakin answered, pulling the girls closer. "It is good to have you back, godfather," Davian said with a smile. "Godfather?" Anakin asked, surprised.  

"Yeah. Mom and Dad made Alazne our godmother so they decided to make you our godfather at the same time," Caelestis explained."Their right," someone said. When Anakin turned to see who it was, he smiled. "Hello, snips," he said. "It's good to see you, Skyguy," Ashoka said, smiling at her old friend. "How are you?" Anakin asked, hugging his old friend and former padawan. "I'm good. I'm here so that I can help Luke and Luna find the perfect place to create a new Jedi temple, "Ashoka replied. "Well, they won't have any trouble there. They've got the best person that they could ask for to help them," Anakin answered, causing Ashoka to smile. As Luke and Luna walked over to Ahsoka, Altheria ran up to Luke and kissed him on the cheek. "Come back to me safely, OK?" she asked. "I will. I promise," Luke said, pulling her into a hug before leaving with Luna and Ahsoka to find a new planet for the school. A few days after the celebration on Endor, Anakin and Alazne went to Lullacaath. After arriving at Lullacaath, Alazne went to the mausoleum to visit her father's tomb. She sat there for a few hours before she heard footsteps. When she looked up, she saw Eirian, Leia and her niece and nephew, Alaric and Andromeda, standing there. She smiled at them as they all joined her. "Mom, how did grandpa die?" Eirian asked. Leia slapped her sister's arm and lightly glared at her. "Ow, what was that for?" Eirian asked. "For asking a question on a touchy subject. That's why," Leia replied. "It's OK for asking, Eirian. And Leia, don't slap your sister. It's rude. He died before you were all born. He died towards the end of the clone wars," Alazne answered. "I wish we could have met him," Eirian said. 

"You would have loved him. And he would have loved you, All of you. Before he died, I'd told him that I was pregnant. When I did, he was so happy. Before the war, Lullacaath was a peaceful planet. But when the war started, everything changed. Once the war started, we started to create a planetary protection shield. As soon as we had created it, we gave it to our allies, like Naboo, Alderaan and Kalevala," Alazne said. As she was explaining everything, she noticed that the girls were starting to fall asleep. "All right. Come on. Let's go home. I think it's safe to safe that we could all use some sleep," Alazne told them with a smile. As they walked back to the palace, Alazne smiled. She knew that had her father survived, he would have loved her children. She also knew that he would have loved her niece and nephew as well. The next morning, Liam returned to Lullacaath after attending a senate meeting. When he saw Alazne, he smiled and pulled her into a hug. "It's good to see you, Alazne. I'm glad your home," he said, happy to see his sister after several months apart. "It's good to see you too, Liam," Alazne replied with a smile on her face. When Liam noticed Anakin standing a few feet behind Alazne, he got angry and punched him in the face. "You promised to protect Alazne. You made a promise to my father that you would protect her. And what do you do? You force-choked her whilst she was pregnant with your son and daughters. How idiotic can you be?" Liam yelled. Before he could punch Anakin again, Liam's wife Ariel grabbed his hand before he could do so. 

"I don't condone what Anakin did to Alazne, Liam. But at least give him a chance to explain himself before you punch him again, "she said. "I don't expect you to forgive me for hurting your sister. I don't forgive myself for that. And I don't think I ever will forgive myself. But I am sorry, I don't have a good explanation other than I was scared. I was so scared of losing her that I ended up doing something stupid and hurt her in the process," Anakin answered. "Why didn't you come and talk to me and Eric? We have a way to protect women from dying in childbirth. But it was more than us helping her. It was her love for the children and her love for you that ultimately saved her," Liam said, holding Ariel's hand. "It's true. But I'm glad that your back now, Anakin. And I've got an announcement for all of you. I'm pregnant," Ariel said. Once she said that the others all congratulated her. "I'm so happy for you, Ariel. Do you know what you're having?" Alazne asked, hugging her sister-in-law. "I'm having twins. A boy and a girl," Ariel replied. Liam smiled and hugged Ariel, laughing with joy. "We need to tell everyone," he said before they walked off to tell everyone else. Before they left the room, however, Liam stopped and turned to look at Anakin. "Welcome back to the light side, by the way, Anakin. Welcome back," he said with a smile before he and Ariel left.