Chapter 3

In the few days that they had been at Lullacaath, Alazne had started to worry about Anakin. He always looked tired and it worried her. Eventually, when they were taking a walk in the gardens, she decided to ask him. "Anakin, what's bothering you? You look like you haven't had a good night's sleep in days," she said, worry lacing her voice. "I'm sorry for worrying you. It's just that I've been having nightmares. And they always involve the same thing. They all involve my mother being in pain. And I'm worried that something bad has happened to her," Anakin replied, worry clear in his voice over what his nightmares contained. "OK. Where does your mother live, Ani?" Alazne asked. "As far as I know, she still lives on Tatooine. Why?" Anakin asked, curious. "Because I was going to suggest that we go there and find her. That way, we can see if she's okay and put your mind at ease. I know you're worried about her and I'm worried about her too. At least if we go and see her, you'll know how she is," Alazne suggested. "That's a good idea. But what if whoever is after you follows us there?" Anakin questioned. "Well, if they do, I have a brave Jedi to protect me," Alazne replied with a smile which caused Anakin to smile and blush at the compliment. Anakin agreed with Alazne's plan and they both packed their things before they left for Tatooine. Once they arrived at Tatooine, they left their things on the ship and Anakin led Alazne in search of Watto. On their way to find him, Alazne noticed the look of unease on Anakin's face so held his hand in hers which made him feel a little better. When they found Watto, he was surprised to see Anakin. When they asked where Shmi was, Watto said that he had sold her to a moisture farmer called Cliegg Lars. After they found out that information, they made their way to the Lars moisture farm. Once they explained who they were and why they were there, Cliegg invited them inside and explained what had happened since Watto had sold Shmi to him. He said that he had freed Shmi and later married her. However, as she was out collecting mushrooms one morning, she had been kidnapped by Tusken Raiders. He gathered a group to set out to try and rescue her but they were unsuccessful. After hearing that, Anakin was more determined to find her. Before he left to find her, Alazne tried to persuade Anakin to let him go with him. But he said no because he didn't want her to be hurt and that she would be safer with his stepfamily. Alazne didn't like the idea but she knew that Anakin wouldn't budge so she reluctantly agreed. Whilst they waited for Anakin, Alazne got to know his stepfamily and they were lovely people. The next day, Anakin returned. When they went outside to greet him, Alazne placed a hand over her mouth and silently cried as she saw Anakin looking heartbroken whilst carrying his mother's lifeless body. After they had a burial ceremony, she went to find Anakin to comfort him. He confessed to her what he had done in his grief over the loss of his mother. How he had killed all of the Tusken Raiders in the camp. And he told her how after losing his mother, he would do everything in his power to prevent the deaths of those he loved. She placed a hand on his cheek and he leant into it. She gave him a small smile and told him that she wasn't going to be leaving him anytime soon. Just then, they received a message from Obi-Wan telling them to stay on Lullacaath as he had possibly found the assassin and followed them to Geonosis. Knowing that Obi-Wan could be in danger, they sent the message to the council before they left to go to Geonosis. Once they arrived, they started to look for Obi-Wan. Sadly, they were soon caught by Jango. Luckily for Anakin, Alazne and Obi-Wan, before the Geonosians could have them killed in the arena, the rest of the Jedi arrived with the clones. They fought long and hard against their enemies before the enemy fell back. Going into the ships that the clones had arrived in, they followed them. When they saw that Count Dooku was escaping, the ship containing Anakin, Alazne and Obi-Wan set off after him. Along the way, however, the ship was hit and Alazne and one of the clones fell out. Anakin wanted to go back for them before Obi-Wan reminded him that they'd be OK and that one of the other clone ships would get them. Anakin nodded in agreement but still worried about them, especially Alazne. When they arrived where the Count had disappeared, Anakin and Obi-Wan made their way inside in search of him. After they found him, they both fought valiantly against him. Unfortunately, it ended with Obi-Wan gaining a scar across his leg whilst Anakin had his right arm cut off at the elbow. After the intervention of Master Yoda, Dooku fled the planet. When Alazne arrived as Dooku was leaving, she tried to shoot at his ship but she missed. Once his ship got out of range, she ran inside to check on Anakin and Obi-Wan. When she got to them, she noticed that Obi-Wan had a scar on his leg and that Anakin was missing part of his right arm. She pulled him into a hug, glad that he was alive. But they knew that the clone wars were just beginning. Alazne took Anakin to Lullacaath to have a robotic arm created and fitted for him. After his new arm was finished, Anakin went in search of Alazne. Once he found her, he smiled as he walked over to her and hugged her. Noticing the nervous look on his face, Alazne asked Anakin what was wrong. "Alazne Kilaeon, I love you with all of my heart. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" he asked. Alazne nodded yes with a smile before kissing him. When they married a few days later, Alazne wore her mother's wedding dress. The only witnesses they had for their wedding were R2-D2 and C-3PO. They both smiled as they kissed the other for the first time as husband and wife, both happy to be with the person they loved.