Chapter 8

As Alazne looked around the base for Luke and Luna, she shivered from the cold. Not long after they had destroyed the Death Star, the Empire struck back. And they struck back hard. After the base on Yavin 4 had been attacked, the rebellion moved their base to the ice planet of Hoth. Even though she knew that they had to move the location for safety, that didn't take away from the fact that she hated the cold. As she asked others if they had seen Luke and Luna return yet, their answers filled her with worry. Luke and Leia had gone out to scout a crash site and they hadn't come back yet. She was worried that something bad could have happened to them. Leia and Eirian hugged their mother, sensing her worry. "Mom, I'm sure that they're fine. Maybe their just taking their time getting back," Eirian said. "Eirian's right, mom. They'll be ok," Luna added. Seeing how worried she was about them, Han offered to go out and try to find them. Alazne smiled and thanked Han before telling him to be careful. Once Han left, Alazne suddenly realised how tired she felt after worrying so much about Luke and Luna so she went to try and sleep. After a restless slumber, Alazne went back to the main hangar to see if Luke and Luna had arrived back yet. When she got to the hangar, Leia ran over to her and said that Han had found Luke and Luna and they'd been taken to the medical bay. As soon as she heard that, Alazne ran to the medical bay. Seeing her arrive, Han walked over to her with a smile.

"Hey. They're OK other than a few cuts and bruises from a Wampa. They're also suffering from a mild case of frostbite but they'll be ok," he told her. Alazne smiled and hugged him. "Thank you for saving them, Han. I don't know what would have happened to them if you hadn't," Alazne replied. After staying with Luke and Luna in the medical bay for a few hours, Alazne went back to her room. She went into her room and opened up a small compartment in her wardrobe and pulled out a locket. She sat down on her bed and opened it. Inside was a hologram of Anakin. He had given it to her as a present on their first anniversary. As she looked at the hologram of her husband with a sad smile, all she could think about was how she wished Anakin could have met their children. She closed the locket and let a few tears fall from her eyes. Just then, she heard the warning alarm. That could only mean one thing. The Empire was attacking them. She jumped up and stuck the locket into the pocket that her japor snippet necklace was in and ran out of her room towards the main hangar. But in the process, the necklaces dropped out of her pocket onto the floor. Once she got to the main hangar, she managed to get onto the Falcon along with Han, Leia, Luna, Eirian, Caelestis, 3PO, Chewie and Caelestis' twin Davian. Meanwhile, Luke and Luna went to Dagobah to train with Yoda.

As Han tried to use the Hyperdrive, it malfunctioned so Han flew the Falcon into an asteroid field to wait until the Empire left. Meanwhile, back on Hoth, Vader walked around the base, curious to see if there were any rebels left. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed something on the ground. It was the japor snippet necklace that he had given Alazne the day he had left Lullacaath. Next to it was the locket with a hologram of himself that he had given her on their first wedding anniversary. She must have dropped them when she was running to escape. He placed them in his pocket before carrying on searching the base. After the base had been searched, he went back to the Star Destroyer. Once aboard, he summoned Boba Fett to find the Falcon. He had a feeling that a lot of his questions would be answered when the Falcon would be found. Meanwhile, back on the Falcon, Alazne was happy that they had managed to evade the Empire. She put her hand inside her jacket pocket and frowned. When she looked through the pocket further, Alazne felt heartbroken. Shed lost the necklaces that Anakin had given her. They must have fallen out of her pocket when she was running to the main hangar when the Empire had attacked. "Mom, what's wrong?" Leia asked, noticing the look on her mother's face. "I lost the necklaces that I got from your father," Alazne replied, feeling sad about losing them. Leia hugged her mother, knowing how much she cherished the necklaces. "I'm sorry, Mom. I know how much you loved those necklaces and how much they reminded you of Dad," Leia told her, feeling her mother's arms wrap around her. "Your right. I did love them," Alazne replied, thinking of the days when Anakin had given her the necklaces.