12

San came out of the store a few minutes later. I looked at him confused, and he pulled something out from inside his jacket.

"Can you put this on for me?" He asked, showing me a necklace with the plastic ring on it. My heart melted seeing it.

I took the necklace from him, and he turned around. I unclipped the necklace and tried putting it on but couldn't reach it.

"Uh, San.." I said.

"What? Is something wrong?" He asked concerned.

"I can't reach you. Can you crouch down a little?" I said, embarrassed.

"Oh yeah." He crouched a little, and I put the necklace around his neck and clipped it on.

I looked at the muscles in his shoulders that I could see through his shirt. Without thinking, I trailed my fingers along it. I felt his breath hitch under my fingers. His hair stood up on the back of his neck, and he had goose bumps (or chicken skin whatever you call it) on his arms.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't even thinking." I said, blushing. I stepped back, and San turned around. His face was red, and his gaze was heated. My heart skipped a beat.

"We should keep going before you get in trouble." He said. His voice sounded strained. I nodded, and we started walking again.

The walk felt longer than it probably was. Every time he moved, I was all too aware.

We walked up the steps to my house, and I stopped at the door.

"Thanks for walking me home." I said. San nodded.

"I had fun today." I said, blushing.

"Me too. Especially at the arcade." He said, and we smiled.

"Umm.. good night, San." I said, putting my hand on the door knob.

"Good night." He said. He turned away and took two steps down the stairs before turning around and coming back up.

"Will you go out with me?" He asked.

"Out? Like a date?" I asked. My heart started to race.

"Yeah, a date." He said, blushing.

"I'd love to." I said, smiling. Sans body relaxed a little.

"Okay. I'll text you." He said, nervously putting his hand on the back of his neck.

"Okay." I said.

"Good night." He said,  smiling.

"Good night." I said, smiling too.

"See you at school." He said. I nodded, biting my lip.

He turned and walked down the stairs and walked down the sidewalk. I watched him walk away till he was out of view.

I went inside and threw myself on my bed. I reached for my phone to text Izzy  and saw the ring on my finger.

I blushed. I'm going on a date with San! I thought, excited and nervous. I squealed and kicked my feet.

I fell asleep, dreaming of San.

*The next morning*

I woke up to my phone ringing. I grabbed it and answered the call.

"Are you home?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah." I said, tired. Izzy hung up, and I heard the front door open. Izzy appeared in the doorway of my room.

"Morning, beautiful." She said, laughing at my bed head.

"Shut up." I said, sitting up. I rubbed my eyes and looked at her.