25

As the holidays came and went, school got busy once again. I had a lot of tests and spent most of my time studying until winter break. Everyone was too busy getting ready for Christmas, and my mom had Christmas off, so we spent the day eating baked goods and delicious food. Everyone else was with their family or on a trip.

When Christmas was over and New years Eve came, San texted me.

San: I'll pick you up soon. I know the perfect place to see the fireworks.

Y/N: Okay. :)

I told my mom I was going out with San and got dressed in something warm. San knocked on the door, and we got in his car. Nearing 11:56 at night, we made it to the place he was talking about.

It was a hill barren of trees. We were the only ones here. He parked on the hill and shut the car off. We got out into the cold air and sat on the warm hood of the car.

I grabbed my phone and clicked on the time so we could watch the seconds tick by.

"You ready to see some fireworks?" He asked, smiling. As I saw his smile, I felt the familiar glowing feeling in my heart. Every time he smiles, it makes me happy. When I'm with him I feel so at home I don't want to leave. I feel so safe and happy with him.

"Yeah." I said, smiling too. We turned to the phone and watched the seconds pass.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1," We counted together.

"Happy New Year." San said, and the sky lit up around us. It was purple and gold and blue and red and green. It was silver it was shiny it was beautiful. It surrounded us.

San looked around and smiled. I put my hand on his, and he looked at me.

"I love you." I said. His eyes widened at first, and then he smiled even bigger.

"I love you too." He said. He leaned into me and kissed me. When we pulled apart, he smiled, and then he
put his arm around me, and we laid down on the hood of the car watching the fireworks.

New years passed, and school started again. Before we knew it, we had graduated.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." Izzy said, sobbing.

"It's okay, Izzy. I won't be too far away." Wooyoung said. Izzy wrapped her arms around him and cried into his chest.

"Are you gonna be okay?" San asked me.

"With you being 2 hours a head of me? No. I'm gonna miss you so much." I said teary-eyed. San wrapped his arms around me.

"I'll miss you too." He said, his voice was rough with tears.

"You promise you won't fall in love with anyone else?" I asked.

"I promise. I couldn't possibly love anyone beside you." He said. I hugged him tighter, trying not to cry.

"Sorry to break up the.. party, but you got to go home and pack. You have to leave tomorrow." His mom said, touching him on the shoulder.

San got accepted into a prestigious college for business. His orientation is the day after tomorrow.

I pulled away from San and looked at him. Seeing his teary face, I started crying. He wiped the tears as they fell down.

"Go. I'll be okay." I said. San nodded and followed his mom to the car. I said goodbye to Izzy and Wooyoung and went home.

I could barely sleep through the night. When morning came, I felt even more depressed. I got dressed and went to Sans house. He let me inside, and I helped him bring his things to the car.

When we got it loaded, his mom went inside, leaving us alone.

"Well... I guess this is it." I said.

"Yeah. That's everything." He said.

"Oh, San." I started crying. He pulled me in, and we stood there holding each other. When I finally calmed down, I stepped back to look at him. His beautiful brown eyes were filled with sadness as he looked at me.

"It's just four years." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I haven't even known you that long." I said. San smiled at my joke.

"It'll go by faster than it seems." He said, trying to comfort the both of us. I nodded and hugged him again.

"Goodbye, San." I said.

"Goodbye, Y/N. I'll see you soon." He said and kissed me.