24

Immediately, Jongho and Wooyoung ran to the front door. I followed Mingi around the side of the house. We carefully looked around for a flag. Not finding one there, we continued to the backyard. Mingi found one hidden in a ghost hanging on the tree.

I quickly escorted him safely to the base, where he put the flag in the box.

"Let's go." I said and led the way to the backyard.

I heard footsteps and put my hand up. Mingi stopped next to me, and we listened.

"I don't see any here." Izzy said, sounding annoyed.

"Maybe they got one already." Jongho said.

Their footsteps faded as they walked away.

Once they were gone, I asked, "Do you still want to look here, or should we go inside?"

"Inside." Mingi said. We went inside the house carefully sneaking around. The dim lighting hid us well but made it harder to find the flags. The door we walked in put us in the small hallway where the garage was.

We went inside the garage where the Mario Cart game was set up. The room was empty. We looked around but didn't find a flag.

"Of course, it wouldn't be easy." I sighed. Mingi smiled, and we left the room carrying on.

The kitchen was next. Izzys back was to us as she looked through the cupboards. Taped to the inside of the cupboard door was a flag. She grabbed it and closed it quietly. Mingi snuck up on her and tagged her. Izzy jumped startled.

"You're frozen. Give me the flag." He said. Izzy handed him the flag, and we left back outside. Once we were outside, we ran to the base. Mingi got it in the box.

As we went to leave, Wooyoung and Jongho came running with one flag each.

"Nice guys." Mingi said. They dropped the flags in the box and smiled.

"Guess that means we're in the lead." Jongho said.

"We won't be if we stand around talking." I said. They nodded their heads and took off again.

Mingi and I decided to go in the front door this time. We walked in and went in the living room. We quickly looked through the pillows on the couch and couldn't find anything. We started walking upstairs when we heard someone coming to the living room.

"I haven't found anything down here." Yunho said.

"We didn't find anything outside." Yeosang said.

"I did find a flag in the kitchen, but Mingi stole it from me." Izzy said.

"We should go upstairs." San said. Mingi and I turned and looked at each other.

We quietly hurried up the stairs and went into a room. The room was dark, but our eyes adjusted quickly. Mingi climbed into a closet. I looked around the room for a flag, finding one on the bed. I wedged myself behind a chair in a corner.

The door opened, and two people walked in. I could hear more footsteps going into another room.

One looked through the desk, and the other looked through the dresser. Not finding anything, one went to the closet and looked inside.

I heard Yunho laughing, and Mingi started laughing, too. The other person in the room went over to see what was going on and laughed, too.
It was Yunho, and Yeosang.

"Mingi, why are you in a closet?" Yeosang asked.

"I didn't want to be frozen." He said.

"Too bad." Yunho said, tagging him.