3

"Can I walk you home?" Jungkook asks his ex girlfriend who he still cares for deeply as she stands across the street in the middle of a sea of people who's also watching the crime scene investigators roaming inside the house collecting evidence while the police officers are questioning witnesses from the party and the coroner pushing a corpse in the back of the ambulance truck.

Mia stares ahead with teary eyes, remembering the very last conversation she had with Clementine, wishing she had said more or did something that would've prevented them from separating during the party. "Um, I came with Julie."

Jungkook looks around the area, not seeing any of their friends. "I don't see Julie. She probably left with Jimin,"

Mia sniffles, hugging herself, rubbing her hands up and down her arms that's covered in goosebumps because of the chilly fall weather. "Yeah, probably." She turns on her heels and walks away. Jungkook walks next to her, sliding off his jacket and wrapping it over her shoulders. Mia looks up at him giving him a weak smile, thanking him.

Twenty minutes later they both end up on Mia's porch step in front of the closed door. "Don't worry, Mia. We're gonna find the son of a bitch that's doing this,"

Shrugging off his jacket, Mia gives it back to him. "I think I know who's doing it."

Jungkook creases his brows in confusion. "You do? Well, who is it?"

Mia sighs deeply. "I meant I know who's after us—it's my brother Beck but I don't know how he looks so he could really be anyone here in Woodfield,"

The front door opens and Julie comes out with her belongings in suitcases, almost jumping in the air when she sees them both standing on the porch.

"Hey, are you going somewhere?" Mia asks curiously.

Julie hesitates then says back "I'm sorry but I can't stay here. I'm freaking out! I never seen a dead body before. Oh my God it's a lot worse than how it's portrayed in the movies. Everyone at school warned me, saying that you were the angel of death, people around you dies—everyone except you. It hasn't even been forty eight hours since I've met Clementine and she's already gone. I don't want to be next so I'm going to sleep at a hotel tonight, catch my plane first thing in the morning and I'm going back home," then walks to her car parked in the driveway.

"Julie! Julie!" Mia calls out for her but she climbs in the car, backs out then pulls off down the street.

Jungkook scratches the back of his head. "Well it was nice knowing her while it lasted,"

"Everybody calls me the angel of death?" Mia mutters mostly to herself but Jungkook hears it.

"I've heard it from people probably once or twice but that shit isn't true. Don't let it get to you," he wraps her in a hug.

Pulling away a second later she tells him "goodnight and be safe" then steps inside the house, closing and locking the door.

Inside the bathroom she stands in front of the mirror dressed in her pajamas, staring back at herself while brushing her teeth when a dark figure moves from the corner of the room behind the shadows.

"You can't save them all, little sister. He's smarter, a lot stronger and faster. He's not going to stop killing," A reflection of Brittany with a bullet hole in her forehead, blood oozing down the middle of her face fades in the mirror behind Mia.

With her toothbrush still in her mouth, Mia closes her eyes, erasing the horrific image of her dead sister out of her thoughts then continues brushing her teeth.

"Doesn't matter how many shrinks you talk to, sis. I'm not going anywhere." Brittany's ghost sits on the toilet seat with folded arms.

Mia spits in the sink and then rinses her mouth with mouthwash. When she's all done with her night routine, she swings the door open, inhaling deeply at the sight of her dead sister standing in front of her.