10

In English literature Julie raises her left hand in the air during the lecture as the teacher stands in front of the classroom, reading a page from a novel. The man stops blabbering and calls on her. "May I go to the restroom?" She asks and he nods then continues reading as the students follows along with open books on their desks.

Stepping out into the empty hallway she slides her phone from her pocket and unlocks the screen. After sending a text she continues walking but stops in her path seeing Jimin sitting alone in an empty classroom staring at the floor.

Walking slowly inside the classroom she calls out for him. "Jimin?" He doesn't seem to notice her standing in the doorway because he remains zoned out completely. Her heart pounds as her body trembles, thinking he might be dead because he isn't responding to her voice. Hyperventilating, she gulps with glossy eyes as she approaches him with one hand reaching out to touch him and when she does touches his left shoulder they both jumps at the same time in shock.

Jimin takes out his earbuds that were hidden underneath his outgrown hair that grew for the past weeks. "Oh, shit. Hi Julie." He slides his phone from his pocket and then stops the recording. "You scared me."

Julie's eyes widen. "You scared me. I thought you were dead. What are you doing anyway?"

"I have free period so I'm listening to Mickey's podcast. She talks about some great stuff."

"Isn't her podcast about you and your friends?" Julie sits on top of a desk next to him. "You know about what happened last year."

Jimin nods then changes the subject. "Anyway, I haven't seen you around much. I don't blame you though. I would keep my distance too if I were you."

Sighing deeply, Julie brushes some hair behind an ear. "I'm sorry about what happened to your dad. And I'm really sorry for not being there for you these pasts weeks. Truth is, I've been so busy taking care of Mia I didn't think to check up on you too."

The jock frowns at the mention of his father who he loved so much. "After what happened, my mother was arrested. Now I'm all alone."

Julie disagrees. "You're not alone. I am here with you."

Jimin scoffs, standing up out the desk with his hands in his pockets. "You probably thought I was the killer too. That's why you ghosted me. Isn't it?"

"No. I never thought you were the killer. The reason I distanced myself from you is because I was afraid," she explains to him, hoping he would forgive her.

Jimin stands in front of her, dark eyes boring into hers as she holds his face in between her palms. "Were you afraid of me?"

"No. I was afraid I was gonna die next if we dated. I don't want to end up like your exes. Gwen told me what happened to Morgan and Anastasia last year."

"You wouldn't had got killed because what happened to them...well it's a long story. What I'm trying to say is you have nothing to worry about." Jimin tries his best not to frightened her.

"Well I guess you're right. The killer is dead now so I'm totally safe." A smile appears on Julie's face as she brings him in for a hug. Resting his chin on her shoulder, Jimin frowns knowing the killer isn't dead. The police thinks his mom had killed his dad because she knew about the affair and her dna was somehow found at the crime scene. While she's fighting to prove her innocence, deep down Jimin knows his father was murdered in cold blood by someone else and the person who had did it framed his mom.

Wrapping both arms around her waist, he pulls back and then looks her deeply in the eyes asking "Do you still like me, Julie? Because I can't get you off my mind. I'm lonely. Can't eat or sleep and I don't have anyone really to talk to."