15

"I don't see how you watch horror movies when you're basically living in one," Julie says to Justin while standing near the tv, analyzing his movie collection.

Justin shrugs, biting on another twizzler he grabbed from Mickey's candy bag. "Basic instincts. I'm not referring to Sharon Stone's movie either. Put it like this, yes my life is a horror movie right now but I'm not the main character and neither are you. We're safe unless the killer changes his mind."

Julie creases her brows in confusion. "You're saying since we're not the leading characters, the killer isn't really targeting us?"

The party host nods slowly. "We're just the extras that the fanbase—the audience doesn't really care about."

In deep thought, Julie asks him. "Then who's the main character?"

"Obviously, it's Mia." Mickey answers for her, eavesdropping on their conversation.

Justin looks back over his shoulder and smiles at her. "Correct. She is the final girl. This is the killer's movie and we're all living in it but his leading lady is Kim Mia."

"Except some of us are gonna get cut," Adriana drags her finger across her throat with wide eyes.

"Yeah, everyone dies except her." Sean rolls his eyes.

Justin continues talking to Julie while everyone chats amongst themselves. "He's right. Everyone will die. Including the tatted bad boy—ex boyfriend who can't let go, the college boy that wants to control her, the paranoid lesbian who's hooking up with Mickey to get over her dead ex, the childhood best friend who she doesn't trust anymore," he glances at Jimin who's staring down at his phone. He then looks at Julie grinning. "The smoking hot roommate that takes care of her and then," he sighs deeply. "...there's me...the lonely rich boy that loves attention."

"What about Liam?" Julie asks, looking inside the kitchen but he's nowhere to be found. "He's in the group too."

The rich boy thinks for a moment with squinted eyes, putting a stack of movies back on the shelf neatly. "He could be the nice kid no one expects to be the killer. You know, the huge plot twist at the end no one saw coming."

"I doubt any of us wants to die. So, how do we survive this horror movie we're all living in? People are dropping left and right like dominoes and I'm sick of it." Julie gives off a remorseful expression.

Justin gasps, dropping a pile of movies on to the carpet floor. "Baby, there's rules to surviving a horror movie. Everyone knows that."

"What are the rules?"

"You don't know the rules?" He yells for someone to stop the music and the loud noise flowing throughout the mansion abruptly stops, grabbing everyone's undivided attention. He then stands in front of the tv pausing the movie and speaks to his guests. "There are certain rules that one must abide by in order to successfully survive a horror movie." A girl hands him a beer earning a smooch on the cheek and a pat on the butt from him.

Sean cracks his knuckles, slouching downward on the sofa. "This should be interesting,"

"Rule number one, you can never have sex!" His guests boo's him and throws food as he continues the rules. "Number two; never, ever, ever, under any circumstances say, I'll be right back! Because you won't be back."

Mickey speaks to Adriana but loud enough for everyone can hear "I'm going to find Kristen," and then says "I'll be right back!" While sticking her tongue out at Justin who's shaking his head disapprovingly as she's walking out of the living room.

"She's totally dead. Anyway...." Justin continues entertaining the partygoers. "..rule number three, don't trust anyone." He then looks sideways at Julie who's staring back at him, gulping with her arms crossing in front of her chest.