14

"One of my best friends were buried alive. The last thing I want to do is be here at this fucking party." Mia scoffs, standing next to Kristen inside the crowded kitchen of Justin's five million dollar mansion.

"You can go up to my room and mourn if you need to." Justin appears beside her pouring brown liquor inside two red cups, talking in the sweetest way possible without trying to offend her. On the left corner of his forehead there's a  stitched scar.

Mia's voice softens as he hands her a solo cup."I'm sorry. I don't mean to be snappy."

"Don't be sorry. I know the feeling. My girlfriend and my friends were all killed, remember?" Loud pop music and chatting envelopes the entire first floor as guests are wandering around as if they're in a maze.

Kristen jumps in the conversation, wrapping an arm around Mia's shoulders saying with a sigh. "If Gwen was here she would've wanted you to be here."

"That sounds exactly like her," Mia tips the solo cup at her lips, grimacing at the bitter taste. School was out today because of teacher workday and the mayor's dead daughter being found in the woods last night is all over the news.

Jung Kook walks inside the kitchen with grocery bags of snacks and a pack of beer while Liam is coming in behind him holding six pizza boxes.

"Did you get a veggie pizza?" Kristen asks Liam while he's carefully placing the hot food on the island in the middle of the cluttered bottles of drinks.

"As you wish." Liam smirks, opening a box to show her the vegetation toppings on a whole pizza.

Kristen sips her beer, grabbing a slice and wandering out the kitchen letting out a "thank you" as she chews.

Jung Kook puts the snacks down on the counter, the beverages inside the fridge and then stands across the island from Mia. "How long your boyfriend staying in town?" He can't help the jealousy radiating throughout his entire body, sneering at the college boy sitting in the living room on a sofa next to the football players, watching a horror movie.

Mia sighs in annoyance, rolling her eyes "He's not my boyfriend and he's staying until Sunday," and then grabs a slice of cheese pizza.

Justin stopping the music and climbing on top of the island grabs everyone's attention. "Listen up!" He holds up a beer bottle as the partygoers watch silently. "I want to make a toast to all the friends and love ones we lost this year. They will be missed but never forgotten." The teenagers cheers, raising their drinks in the air.

"Cheers to us making it out alive," Jung Kook clinks his beer can against his ex girlfriend's red cup.

"Now I will cheer to that." Liam clinks his beer against Jung Kook's and Mia's.

Mia bites the inside of her cheek, staring at Jimin and Julie hugged up on the sofa beside Mickey who's sitting on Kristen's lap, socializing with Adriana during the movie.

"How are you doing, Mia?" Liam pulls her out of her thoughts. She opens her mouth and then closes it, lifting both brows, unsurely. "It's okay, you can talk to me."He gently pats her on the left shoulder, comfortingly.

"I just feel like all of this is my fault. If I wasn't related to him," Mia doesn't have it in her to even say her brother's actual name. "...then all of my friends would still be alive."

Liam sips his drink, knitting his brows and then puts the drink down on the island next to hers. "Don't blame yourself for someone else's actions—" before he could finish his encouraging message a jock comes inside the house yelling over the music, grabbing everyone's attention.