12

"Mia..."

Her eyelids slowly opens, vision is blurry for a second before adjusting the person's face in front of hers as his shadow glides across the walls because of the moonlight beaming through the blinds. Thunder rumbles in the dark sky as raindrops splatters over the windows. With a palm against her forehead, she groans softly sitting up on the bed but Taehyung stops her from moving any further by holding her left arm.

"Woah, take it easy there." He speaks softly, kneeling beside the bed, sliding her hair behind an ear as she stares at him confused, wondering where they're at.

Mia's voice comes out hoarse while she slowly sits up on her bottom. "What happened? Where am I?"

Taehyung grabs a water bottle behind him off the bedside table. "You fainted right in front of me. My dad's house is near so I bought you here." He gives the drink to her after twisting the cap off.

She sips the warm water looking around his  bedroom that has a bed, small closet, desktop in a corner near the window, posters of famous musicians on the wall, and a tv. "How long have I been out?"

Taehyung stands on his feet, sighing. "Not that long. When's the last time you ate something?"

"It's been a few hours," she mutters, swallowing because her throat is dry.

Her college ex boyfriend gently takes her hand in his saying politely "Let's get some food in your stomach." and then helps her off his bed, leading her downstairs to the kitchen.

Mia pushes the empty plate away from here and sighs satisfyingly with a small smile on her face after finishing a turkey sandwich he had made for her.

Taehyung reaches across the dining table for the dish asking "Would you like another one?" but she shakes her head no then sips a cup of juice.

With his back turned, he stands in front of the sink, washing and rinsing the plate as she says to him "I got your gift basket. It was thoughtful of you to send me the wine after not speaking to me for days. It lets me know you were thinking about me all this time." She breathes out a soft chuckle.

Setting the plate down on the counter after drying it with a towel, he says back with confusion written all over his face. "I didn't send you a gift basket or any wine, Mia."

She stares at him with her words stuck in her throat, eyes wide while he gives her a questionable look, resting his back against the counter, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "You did with a note that's been signed by you."

Taehyung shakes his head no, calmly saying "I promise you, I didn't send you anything. My plane landed about an hour ago just before I met you at the bookstore. I only came back to town to come get you. You're coming home with me,"

Mia's mouth is agape as she knits her brows with determination releasing on her face. "I'm not going anywhere with you." If he didn't send the gift basket then that only means it was the killer who had done it.

"This town isn't safe anymore. I advised you to come with me while you still can. There might not be another chance like this." Losing her would definitely be his biggest guilt in life.

She stands on her feet, grabbing her coat off the back of the chair and then slides it on. "I have to go. Thanks for the food,"

Taehyung follows her out the kitchen and down the hallway. "You will die if you stay here, Mia. I can't let that happen."

Stopping in front of the door with her left hand reaching for the knob, she spins around breathing out deeply, tucking some hair behind an ear. "It doesn't matter where I go, he will follow me. So I'm dead either way." She then opens the door and steps outside in the pouring rain.