9

Dinner time Kevin and his wife are downstairs at the dining table when his phone chimes on the table beside his plate as he's signing paperwork. Clearing his throat, he reads the message. "Uhh, I have to go."

"Are you serious? You haven't even touched your food."

Frowning with a shrug, he tells his wife "It's a work thing," when she gives him a look of disbelief.

She stays silent and then sips her glass of red wine as Kevin excuses himself from the table, pecks her on the cheek and then exits the kitchen.

After hearing her husband's car pulling out the garage, the wife sighs deeply leaving the kitchen to head upstairs to her son's bedroom where he's been locked in for more than an hour. Jimin hasn't said a word to her ever since he came home from the hospital.

Leaning her right ear against the door she listens carefully and then knocks when hearing what sounds like he's scrubbing something along the walls inside his bedroom. "Sweetheart?"

"Just a minute, Mom. I'm-I'm changing!" He stammers, feet pattering around the room in a frantic before he cracks the door open a little bit to where she can't see inside his room.

His mom furrows her brows, asking him in a worried tone. "What are you doing in there? Dinner has been ready for more than an hour but you're still in this room."

Jimin thinks of a lie. "Um I'm just cleaning."

His mother slowly nods with her mouth agape and then says to him "Okay, well your father has gone off to work. I'm pretty sure he wanted to talk to you before he left but he didn't want to upset you."

"It's okay. He gotta pay the bills somehow, right?" Jimin lets out a dry chuckle.

The housewife says lowly "Right" and then tells him before he closes the door "Please eat something. I'm gonna take a hot bath and then go to bed. Don't stay up too late. Remember you have a physical exam in the morning."

"Goodnight, mom." She kisses him on the forehead then wanders around the corner towards the bathroom as he's closing the door.

Jimin leans his backside along the door, sighing out a breath of relief while staring at the smeared blood on the wall right along with the ripped photos of him putting Anastasia in the trunk of his car last summer.

It was a dumb prank Morgan dared him to do on the night of Anastasia's birthday. She was intoxicated and passed out when he had put her in there. He had returned her home safely though and never had brought up what he did to anyone but since Morgan is dead somehow someone else knows.

—-
—-

"Babe, I'm home." Kevin unlocks the front door to the luxurious two bedroom apartment and then steps inside, sliding out of his coat. His young blue eyed beautiful mistress walks out the kitchen grinning from ear to ear with open arms.

"Hey, love. How was work?" Nicole wraps him a warm hug, kissing him on the lips as he undo his tie.

When the kiss breaks, he says back with a smile "Long as usual." Then sniffs the air. "I smell something delicious."

Nicole grabs one of his hands, leading him further inside the apartment. "I made your favorite. Salisbury steak smothered in onions and gravy, asparagus, macaroni, corn and buttery rolls."

The landline rings as soon as they both steps into the kitchen together. The short blonde haired woman gently pats him on the chest. "I'll get that. How about you set the table for me, yeah."

Kevin pecks her on the mouth and then slaps her butt as she walks away, giggling, leaving him alone inside the kitchen. As he's setting plates and two wine glasses on the table, he hears a small "hello?" when his mistress picks up the landline inside the living room.