~ III ~

Blake

Trudging through the halls of the mansion in which I lived, I let my eyes wander over the walls of the hallway, taking in the paintings of my ancestors, of my mother and father, of my older sister. All of them posing for the painting. Dressed elegantly. Looking regal.

My family.

All of them.

They loved me.

And they deserved to know what I was going through.

I sighed as I dragged my tired feet along the wooden floor, the floorboards creaking ominously under my weight, almost as if the boards were struggling to hold me.

It wasn't like I was a big guy. I wasn't really. I was tall, but not too muscular. My muscles were well-defined ... something that I found women seemed to enjoy drooling over. I just looked after my physique. I had to. I was going to be in this body for a long time.

I stopped by one of the windows on the side of the hallway, the long curtains draped across it. Reaching out, I tugged on the heavy material until I could see a gap.

Sunlight streamed through the tiny space.

I hissed at the sight and let the curtain fall back quickly, inspecting my hand for any sun damage.

So that was why the windows were covered today.

If it was a cloudy day, a rainy day, a foggy day, the curtains would be opened to let in some daylight. But because we were in the middle of a heatwave, the sun seemed relentless, burning everyone during the day and leaving lingering heat behind at night.

I never opened the curtains in my own bedroom after being burned by the sun many times in the past, so I never really knew what the weather was doing outside.

Satisfied that the sun hadn't burned my skin this time, I carried on walking down the long hallway towards my dad's office at the end.

The mansion was home to everyone in the Hemlock clan. There weren't many of us here at the moment, only around sixty or so. Quite often, someone would move to another clan or want to live on their own, but still be under the protection of our clan. Sometimes, we'd have other vampires want to join us for a bit, if only for a change of scenery.

Because we lived for so long, it was common for vampires to move around, country to country, clan to clan. I'd lived with a distant cousin and her clan in Italy for a few years a while ago and I'd just spoken with a friend about living with his clan in Bulgaria for a bit, even though I'd not long come back from a stint in Norway.

Not sure if I would go to Bulgaria now.

Not now that I'd met ... him.

A shudder worked its way up my spine as I remembered how good I'd felt at fantasising about him last night. How intense my orgasm had been, despite it being Amaya on her knees.

Shit.

I was so confused. Sure, I could appreciate a good looking guy when I saw one. I'd even nibbled on a few in the past. But to find a man so desperately attractive ... one that had me begging for him to take me ...

Did this mean I was gay?

I couldn't get off when Amaya touched me. And she was fucking hot. My body had only seemed to react when I thought about him. And my hand ... went straight to my ass. Almost like an automatic response. As if that was what I craved. I'd never done anything like that to myself before ... but that was all my body had wanted.

And it was all because of ...

Him.

Shaking my head, I lifted my eyes to scan the paintings once again, feeling their eyes bore into me, watching me knowingly, as if they knew what was going on in my life, the thoughts moving across my mind.