~ XIV ~

Blake

Grinning to myself, I followed Cameron as he walked to the docks, ready to start his graveyard shift. He was hurrying along, head down, hands balled into fists by his sides, his feet hitting the concrete beneath them at a violent pace.

He was walking like he was ... pissed off. Furious. I could almost feel the rage rolling off of him. He was angrily dodging people walking along the dark streets in front of him, huffing and puffing as he went, muttering under his breath, a growl in his voice.

He kept scratching the back of his neck, rubbing it, soothing the skin. He'd pushed the hood of his hoodie away from his face so he could get to his neck and it was wrapped around his shoulders unevenly.

But his anger didn't dampen my bright mood. I was happy. I'd seen him half-naked - well kind of. I would have preferred a view from the front, but the defined muscles in his back were mesmerising. And had me almost drooling.

If anything, seeing him like that had confirmed that niggling little thought in the back of my mind. The same thought I'd had since seeing him for the first time.

I was gay. Completely and totally gay for him.

I was his.

And I was going to accept him and make him mine. I wasn't going to reject the bond between us. He was too beautiful to turn down.

He'd been within touching distance of me in the basement of his apartment building earlier this evening. It had been so tempting to reach out and run my hand down his bare back, and feel his muscles flex under my fingertips.

I gulped as I felt my groin begin to heat up.

Raking a hand through my hair, I blew out a breath and locked my eyes on the handsome man in front of me stomping his way to work, dressed in jeans and hoodie, totally unaffected by the heat of the night. It was so hot tonight that everyone else who was out and about on the streets were showing a lot more skin than he was.

I wanted to speak to Cameon. To ask him out. I wanted to catch up with him before he arrived at the docks. 'Accidently' bump into him. Ask him how he was, find out what he'd been up to and pretend like I hadn't been stalking him for days.

Then ask him out. See if he would meet me for a drink. Although I couldn't actually drink what he could, I was hoping to be so intriguing to him that he wouldn't notice the full glass next to me.

Well, that was my plan.

And it totally sucked.

But it still made me smile.

Was I worried that he would say no to me? Yes. Would that put me off? Hell no.

He made me stupid, fogged my brain, consumed my senses. So I started practising what I would say to him in my head as I kept my eyes on his back while he marched towards the docks. There was no way I could think on my feet in front of him.

I think I liked feeling that way. Being totally emerged in Cameron. He invaded my thoughts, my dreams, my soul. Part of me wanted him to know what effect he had on me ... that he was the only person I could think about.

My thoughts drifted to how I would explain who I was to him, what I was. A vampire. In a human world. How the fuck would I even start to explain all of that?

One thing at a time.

A couple of warm hands grazed my bare arm as I walked past a bar with a group of women waiting outside. I shivered, realising that I didn't want anyone else to touch me.

Only one guy could touch me now.

Because I was his. He could do what he wanted with me and I knew I wouldn't say no to him. He could touch me as much as he wanted.