~ LI ~

Blake

His heart was the only one in the room, and it was fading ... fading ... fading ...

Gone.

No.

No.

"No!" I shrieked, gripping onto Cameron, holding him close, rocking him as his legs sprawled out on the floor, his upper body pressed to mine, his head buried in my chest.

"No!"

He wasn't ...

He couldn't be.

He was alive just now.

"No!"

He was here. With me.

I had just found him again.

He couldn't just ...

He couldn't ...

"No!"

Burying my nose in his hair, I breathed in his scent.

Sandalwood and vanilla.

The scent of my soulmate.

"No!"

He wasn't ...

He couldn't be.

My ears strained, trying to detect a heartbeat, while the room around me erupted into chaos. Hissing, shrieking, shouting, yelling ... Feet were scuffling past, fists were flying, vampires shoving each other out of the way, all of them trying to get to Lance.

But I didn't care about him.

I cared about the human in my arms, the human I loved, the human whose heart beat had faded away.

"No!"

"Blake!" Gabriels' voice sounded close, almost in my ear. I felt his hands on my shoulders as I continued to smell Cameron, letting his scent fill me, feeling the warmth of his body against mine.

"Blake, you have to bite him!" Gabriel shouted in my ear as he shook my shoulders. "Bite him now!"

The instruction pierced my mind, pushing the sadness to the sides for a moment.

Bite him.

I had to bite Cameron.

Lifting my head up, I met Gabriel's dark blue eyes. "What?"

"Bite Cameron!" Gabriel nudged me, urging me to listen to him. "If you bite him now, he'll come back!"

Yes, he would. He would come back.

As a vampire.

Looking back down at Cameron, I knew this was the right thing to do. He was ... everything to me. My world.

My life.

I titled his head backwards .. and stopped as I looked into his handsome face, resting, his eyes closed.

He looked peaceful. Almost as if he was just asleep. There was still a little bit of colour in his face, as blood trickled gently out of his mouth. His hair was brushed back to reveal his scar, the skin discoloured around it.

He looked beautiful.

A hard sob wrenched out of my chest as reality crashed into my mind.

He was ... Not asleep.

"Blake!" Gabriel's voice was loud, urgent. He sat on the other side of Cameron and gently moved Cameron's head to the side, craning my soulmate's neck, offering me his skin. "You gotta bite him, man!" I felt Gabriel's eyes bore into me. "Now! Do it now!" He shoved my shoulder. "Come on!"