~ LII ~

Blake

Stroking his hair away from his forehead, I watched as Cameron slept on his back, his head resting on the pillow, his mouth slightly open. I propped myself up on one elbow and wrapped my other arm around his waist, leaning forward to plant a kiss on his nose.

He scrunched it slightly in his sleep, and I couldn't help but think it was cute.

He was cute.

The cutest.

He sighed gently and snuggled down the bed, turning so that he was facing me. I squeezed him tighter to my body, determined to never let him go again.

Watching Lance plunge the knife into Cameron's back ...

I shuddered and held him tighter.

That was a close call.

Too fucking close.

The sun had just been rising as we helped Cameron out of the hole and into the house. Dad said that Cameron would feel weak and little out of it for a few days, and he told me to just let him rest.

But there was no way he was resting without me.

No fucking way.

I was never letting him out of my sight.

Ever.

So, I found the first bedroom in this house, stripped us both of our dirty clothes and tucked Cameron into the bed. It wasn't the same room that Lance had locked him in, thank fuck. Cameron was never going to that room again.

He was sleepy when we pulled him out of the ground. His eyes were heavy and he couldn't walk without help. But he was here. Out of the ground.

With me.

Where he belonged.

I sighed and buried my nose in his hair, relishing in his scent. I hadn't been sure he would still have a scent after becoming a vampire because vampires don't tend to smell of anything ... maybe it was because he'd been a human first?

Honestly, I didn't care. All I cared about was having Cameron here, next to me, alive to some degree. I mean, vampires would not be classed as being alive in the traditional sense of having a heart beat ... but in every other sense of the word, we were.

We had feelings, emotions. And mine had been stretched and tossed about over the last couple of weeks.

Kissing Cameron's temple, I settled down in the bed next to him, wrapping him up in my arms, smiling as he snuggled closer.

Although I was glad I'd bitten him, happy that he was now a vampire, I couldn't help that one question going over and over in my mind.

What if Cameron didn't want to be a vampire?

Ater the way he reacted to finding out I was one, I wasn't sure how he would feel when he woke up. Was being a vampire something he was happy about? We had never had the chance to properly talk about it.

I hoped my sister would have a good chat with Rosie about it, and explain everything to her. I had to have that kind of talk with Cameron, but it was after the incident. He didn't have a choice.

Not like Rosie.

A lump formed in my throat and I squeezed my eyes shut, pushing out tears. What if Cameron didn't like our lifestyle?

Would he wish that we had left him dead?

Burying my nose in his hair, I took a shaky breath. I hoped not.