~ XI ~

Blake

He continued to stare at me, his beautiful hazel eyes wide, his mouth wide open. Was there something on my face?

I wasn't able to look in a mirror. I didn't show up in photos. I didn't really know what I truly looked like. I only knew that I looked like my dad because everyone seemed to think so. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.

A shiver worked its way along my spine as I continued to hold my hand out to him. It was just me and him in this locker room. The two of us. Standing a foot apart.

Just being this close to him was ... just ... well ...

I was having a hard time controlling my body right now. There was an odd sensation in my stomach. It had been there since I first saw him. I found that it felt stronger whenever I was in close proximity to him. A strange tugging feeling - almost like a pull at my core.

And it was pulling me towards him.

He was even more beautiful this close up. His brown-green eyes were framed with long dark eyelashes. His hair was tousled and I had to fight the urge to run my hands through it, to brush it off of his forehead. His cute little button nose was scrunched up and his mouth was open as if to invite me in.

Fuck.

Just ...

No.

Control yourself.

Dickhead.

"I ... uh ..." I looked down at my outstretched hand, then back up to him, unsure what to do next. Even though I'd been around for years, experienced life in many ways, this one man was enough to leave me tongue-tied, unsure of myself and completely at a loss.

He blinked a couple of times. Licked his lips. My eyes followed his tongue with shocked curiosity, hyper aware of the arousal that one simple action of his caused.

I swallowed.

Shit.

"Uh ... I ... I ..." he stuttered, then reached for my hand.

Our skin touched. Shock jolted through me, sending prickles along my arms. The electricity pulsed through my body, lighting up my senses, sending a rush to my head.

An image of a fire crossed my mind. I felt the heat of the flames, heard the sounds of sirens.

And saw the silhouette of a small child against the backdrop of the fire.

What the ...

I shook my head.

What the fuck was that?

Blinking a couple of times, I brought my attention back to him.

What was going on with me?

Seriously, I'd been feeling all kinds of strange since I met this guy. It was like everything seemed brand new to me. Even a random image popping up in my head.

This guy was driving me mad, I swear.

His warm hand enveloped my cold one, his handshake was firm, his skin was soft.

"Hi. I'm Cameron," he said, his voice smoothly washing over me.

Cameron.

So that was his name.

The name of the guy I'd been stalking for a few days. The name of the man who took my breath away the first time I saw him. The name of the gorgeous person whose apartment building I'd been hiding in. I just couldn't help myself. I felt like I had to be near him. Close to him.