5.

I walked into the cafe that Felix worked in, waiting for him to finish his shift. 

I spotted him immediately.

I couldn't help but listen in on the conversation he was having with an old woman at the register.

"Now I don't know why my card isn't working... darn technology. I'm so sorry young sir. You can just put back the coffee..."

"Take the coffee, ma'am." I watched him smile. A genuine smile, that lit up the room. Jisung was right. He really was different outside of school, and away from me. His voice was softer and he was altogether sweeter. "It's on me."

"Oh young man you really don't have to-!"

"Just spreading kindness." He smiled, handing her the coffee. She thanked him one last time, before walking off. Now, the store was empty, besides me, but I wasn't in his line of sight. I sat down, waiting for his shift to end.

When I heard singing, coming from him, as he cleaned the coffee machine.

He had the most heavenly voice, something I hadn't expected. It sent chills down my spine. I was so absorbed into his voice, I had hardly realised that he had stopped.

And he was staring at me in shock.

"You should have said you were here." He mumbled. I smiled at him.

"Your voice..."

"It's terrible. But I like singing."

"No, Felix. You have an amazing voice."

He stared at me for a moment, before drying his hands. 

"Let's just go." He walked towards me. And that happy aura was gone, and he was back to same ole monotone Felix.

"Working here makes you happy, doesn't it?" I asked him once we got into the car. He shrugged.

"Not many things do, anymore. But I love this job."

"I saw how you were with that woman," I admitted. "I thought it was very sweet. Thoughtful."

Felix sighed. "Just... get me home. Please."

Once we got to his house, he looked over at me.

"Do us both a favor, Hyunjin. Stop wasting your time trying to become friends with me. It's not happening."

"I wont keep trying," I smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow."

He sighed in defeat, walking off.

Besides, a few hours with his snarky attitude was fine. In the end, it just means I get to be with a totally hot chick. And that's what matters.