17.

Once again, just like the first time, Felix didn't realise I walked in. 

I knew he was still at work, since his voice rang melodically throughout the room.

He was singing a song about heartbreak. Something about a Deep End. The lyrics "If you hadn't changed, then I'd still be by your side" rang out to me, and I couldn't help but feel like shit.

"Felix," I called quietly. He visibly jumped, putting a hand over his heart. 

"Shit, you scared me." He huffed. "What do you want? My shift ended 4 minutes ago."

"I want a moment of your time." I walked towards him. He looked at me from the other side of the counter. 

"My shift ended 4 minutes ago." He repeated. "Which means, I can talk. Wait at the tables. I'll be out in a second."

So I did as he said, and walked back to the tables, sitting down. A few moments later, he walked over, holding two coffees. 

"Here," He mumbled. "I made extra, on accident."

I sipped it, then grinned at him. "And you just so happened to make an extra of my favourite?"

"Your favourite is common."

"A white mocha with three pumps of drizzle, a shot of espresso, and topped with whipped cream? Huh, here I was, thinking only I ordered that."

"Oh hush." He looked down at his coffee cup. "Just, get to the chase. Jisung will be here to pick me up soon."

"I'm taking you home today, actually. Jisung is talking with Minho."

"Right." Felix brushed his hair out of his face. "Mkay then. Go on."

"I wanted to talk. About the..."

"Bet?" Felix looked at me, through his spectacles. "I don't want to even think about that anymore, Hyunjin."

"Felix, I want to apologise."

"Apology acknowledged, but not accepted." He stopped. "I don't know if I could forgive you, quite yet." He added softly. 

"I'm asking for a second chance."

"A second chance at what?" He raised an eyebrow at me. He took his glasses off, and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Then, he looked up at me with the most serious eyes. "A second chance to make me fall even harder for you, so you can go mess around with someone who is ten times prettier than me? Look dude, no-can-do. I'm not going through that pain again. Thanks, but I'm walking home."

"Felix," I stood up, grabbing his hand. "Please."

He sat back down slowly, looking at the floor. I sat down, as well. 

"I cant go through that again. I really liked you, you know. So much that I wanted to be with you, you know? Hearing that it was all a bet... do you realise how bad that hurt? My feelings were toyed with, man."

At this point, I realised that he started to cry all over again. Tears were rolling off his cheeks, yet I was frozen in my place. 

"And you know what the worst thing is?" He looked at me, through bloodshot teary eyes. "The fact that I like you so much, that I'd even consider restarting. Shit, I'd go through the pain all over again, just to have more moments with you. That's the worst part about all of this." He sighed. "But anyways. I hope you have a great day, Hyunjin. I gotta go."

I couldn't move from my spot as I watched him walk out.

Shit.

I had to tell him how much I liked him, too. And that I wanted to try this all over again, without the bet.

Because I couldn't bare to lose him.