6.

I had a dream. Felix was singing in it. And I don't think I've ever slept better.

"So, how did it go?" Minho asked me at school the next day. "Any progress?"

"Hardly. The kid wont budge." 

"Not too late to give up." Minho shrugged. 

"Hell no." I laughed. "The kids going to warm up to me, one way or another."

When lunchtime rolled around, I looked for Felix everywhere. But I couldn't find him.

Come to think of it, I never saw him at lunch. Maybe he sat outside?

"I'll be back," I told Minho and our friends, before walking outside. As expected, Felix was out there. A group of boys surrounded him, as he just looked down at his book that he was reading.

"That's why you don't have parents, you fucking freak," One of them kicked at him. 

Hero moment.

"Leave him alone, Chanyeol." I walked forward. The boy scoffed at me, before him and his friends left. "Are you okay?" I knelt down by Felix.

"I'm fine." He said quietly. 

"Felix-"

"I'm fine." He said quickly, his voice breaking at the last second. I sat beside him, watching a page in his book gain a wet spot.

Felix was crying.

"Felix," I reached out to his face, turning him to face me so I could wipe his tears with my sleeve. I was almost speechless. From up close, he really was a pretty guy. "You're crying."

"No shit, captain obvious," He tried to sound strong, but it came out as a whisper. "Seriously, just... back off, k?"

"No." I said, quicker than I expected. "What did those kids mean?"

"My parents are dead." He looked me in the eyes. "For two years, now. Killed themselves. There, is that what you wanted? To get some dirt on me? To go spread rumours about me? Go ahead, Hwang Hyunjin. It's not like-"

I pulled him to me, and he immediately stopped talking.

"I wouldn't do that." I said quietly. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

And as I apologised, he fell limp in my arms, and I felt him sobbing in my shoulder as I rubbed his back. 

And I actually felt sad for him. I felt bad that he had to go through that. And the fact that those boys were teasing him about him made it worse.

I felt pure anger. No one should talk to Felix like that.

He pulled away from me, vigorously wiping his eyes. 

"Sorry. I don't usually break down in front of people. Not like that." He whispered. 

"It's okay, Felix." I brushed his hair out of his face. "Your freckles are cool."

He slightly smiled at me. I felt accomplished, knowing he had smiled at me. 

"Thanks. I always hated them."

"Hyunjin! Get your ass back in here!" Minho called. I stood up.

"Gotta go. Satan calls," I laughed. "Do you perhaps need a ride home today? Or to work again?"

"I don't have work tonight," He looked up at me from the ground. "But you can take me home. Keeps me from bothering Jisung."

"Cool. I'll meet you in the parking lot, then." I smiled at him, giving a wave before walking off.

"Seriously, you're spending a lot of time with him, just to get with Momo." Minho whispered. 

For a second, I had forgotten. I had forgotten the reason that I had befriended Felix.

"Oh, yeah. Just... trying my best, ya know?"