Dark Fantasy WINNERS!

Congratulations to those who made it this far into the competition!

Let's take time to also thank your judge, AtheinaVismark!

We hope that you've enjoyed your time in the competition!

Note: If you would like a medal with the background removed, please message AdrielleReina.

Without further ado, here are the final results!

Blood of the Sin by AliKatMeow 
Writing Style: 8/10
Plot: 8.5/10
Creativity: 7/10
Conflict: 9/10
Organisation: 10/10
Character Development: 7.5/10
TOTAL: 50/60
Review: I usually do not read vampire stories, but this one was a very nice surprise. Needless to say I can't wait for the two of them (Sebastian and Asher) to get together, but for that there's still time as we have a murderer on the loose. Your strong points are without a doubt dialogues and characterization, the noble aria Sebastian gives off is one of my personal favourites, and the mistrust Asher has towards vampires is so well made that I can't do anything to compliment you on this. All the characters that you've named- so Castor, Asher and Sebastian- they each have their own beliefs and personality, and thanks to that you made them feel so real on paper, so relatable that I just loved it. I even can't wait to continue reading after the awards ends- the way you set up the story is just perfect, no confusion on that part. There are some minor things which I noticed as I kept on reading that I would like to make you notice if you would ever want to edit a bit more in the future. In many chapters you seem to have a bit of a struggle with excessive dialogue and little description, I would suggest starting by describing the actions when the chunks of dialogue come around, chucks which are nearly each time in the middle or at the end of the chapter. Another thing that made me a bit insecure was how easy it was for both of them to start trusting each other- one is a mage and the other is a vampire, in other words sworn enemies, yet it took less than 9 chapters to start gaining trust- 4 if we count that chapter 5 was when they first met, and on chapter 9 they've already start trusting each other. I did find that a little wobbly in terms of credibility. The last small piece of advice is related to spacing. In chapter 10, I noticed that basically each time after a period or after a question mark we tend to notice double spaces, which in every other chapter I did not see so many so may check that out.

Black Avatare by SuVida777 
Writing Style: 8.5/10
Plot: 9/10
Creativity: 8.5/10
Conflict: 8.5/10
Organisation: 8/10
Character Development: 9/10
TOTAL: 51.5/60
Review: Premise, it was my first time reading about Sri Lankan folklore, so I had no idea what I was going to expect while reading, but that took nothing away- on the other hand- the element of surprise from my part was a factor that helped me enjoy the story more than I ever imagined. The writing is simple and flows pretty well among all chapters I read. You are even able to make Binara's family situation relatable, pretty realistic when it comes toBinara and the interaction with her mother. The main thing that I was expecting was to meet the Black Prince as in the official presentation and not in the form of a leopard. That, personally, felt pretty slow, leaving me a little salty. The way you've woven the lore into the story is incredible, and thanks to your writing style it flows well. There are some small things that I would like to point out- very small things so nothing big/compromising. When Binara is writing online with her online nickname, I suggest moving her texts to see/remember who is Binara on the online group, another small thing is that there's quite a big difference in frequency when it comes to dialogues and descriptions, in more or less every chapter the dialogues are way more than the descriptions- I suggest adding more form to enchant your writing even more. Another thing is being more detailed and not generic- like in chapter 6 we have the twins' presentation, but only one of them speaks at first, not both, so again I would suggest saying which twin is the one to speak to make it clearer to the reader, before reading their presentation I was sure that they both would have spoken the line together, this again is a small piece of advice to enchant your already great story.