Chapter 2

As Chad and Meg were leaving the apartment building, the squad car zoomed by and almost ran them over.

It stopped on the side of the road and the cops got out of it.

"Mister, this is the twentieth time today! Twenty tickets gets you jail time" said Sam.

"Snap on the cuffs, Gibson" said Andy.

Jill snapped handcuffs on a guy's wrist. "Book his car, McNally" she said.

Andy took the guy's car keys and called the car company to tow it away.

"What's going on?" Meg asked.

Chad put his hand on his wife's head to try and calm her down.

"Oh hey, Meg, Chad. We just busted this guy for the twentieth time. Boy is he gonna serve some time" said Sam.

"The twentieth time?" said Chad.

Andy got a good look at Chad's face and noticed something off about it. 

"Chad, are you okay? You look kinda pale" she said.

"He has been since this afternoon. And he's been clearing his throat since dinnertime" said Meg.

"Never mind Chad. You sound dreadful, Meg. Do you have a sore throat?" said Jill.

"She diagnosed herself with tonsillitis" said Chad.

"She diagnosed herself?" said Andy with disbelief.

"Suddenly, I'm not surprised" said Sam.

"But that must be very severe tonsillitis. The last time I had it, I just had a sore throat that went away after a few days" said Jill. 

"Well, not me, Jill. I need surgery and Chad's taking me to the hospital" said Meg.

"Here, I'll give you a ride" said Sam.

"No, Sam, you really don't have to" said Chad.

"Hey. Only the best for my friends" said Sam.

"Luv, you know I hate to interrupt your work days. Especially when you're arresting someone for the twentieth time" said Chad.

"No, it's all good. The hospital's not that far. Jill and Andy can take care of our prisoner" said Sam.

"Yes, sarge!" said Andy. 

"See? It's all good. Hop in" said Sam getting in the squad car. 

Chad and Meg got in and Sam drove them to the hospital. 

The whole ride, Meg had her head on Chad's shoulder. 

"My beautiful Meg... you're so brave..." Chad whispered.

"I am?" Meg whispered back.

"You're not afraid to get your tonsils removed" said Chad.

"Of course I'm afraid. I'm only doing it because I have to" said Meg.

"That's what makes you brave. You're fearless. You're not one of the Three, but you're my warrior" said Chad lovingly. 

Meg hugged Chad with tears in her eyes. 

This made Chad tear up a little too because surgeries always scared him, despite his training.