Chapter 10

At the TV studio, Charles Wallace brought Kristen into the office.

"So sorry about the delay. We should get it done as soon as possible" Sally Rogers was saying.

Charles Wallace came in just as she finished the sentence.

"Oh. There he is" said Rob Petrie. 

"Sorry I'm late" said Charles Wallace.

"Hey. Who's the kid?" said Sally. 

"He's our coworker. You got amnesia?" said Buddy Sorrell.

"No! I mean the kid he's holding" said Sally.

Charles Wallace laughed. "Mr Petrie, Miss Rogers, Mr Sorrell, this is my niece Kristen Stuart."

"Hi" said Kristen. 

"This is your niece?" said Rob.

"Charles Wallace... how old did you say you were?" said Sally.

"Eleven in a couple of weeks. My brother in law Chad got Kristen and her sister by accident" said Charles Wallace.

"But why's she here?" said Buddy.

"Chad and my sister are both really sick. So me and the guys have volunteered to take care of the girls" said Charles Wallace.

"Well, that's nice of you. As long as she doesn't destroy our work" said Rob.

"She won't. She's a good kid" said Charles Wallace.

"Except for that time she ran off and got kidnapped" said Buddy.

"That was an accident. She's safe now" said Charles Wallace.

Rob gave Kristen some markers and paper to play with while the others worked.

"So what do we open with? A big dance number?" said Charles Wallace.

"We did that last week. I was thinking we could tone the funny stuff down this time" said Rob.

"Sure. It's not like this is a comedy" said Sally. 

"Well, I was thinking that Alan could open with some sort of rhyme. He rarely does that" said Charles Wallace.

"Hey. That's actually good" said Rob writing down the idea.

Buddy then noticed Kristen chewing on a green marker. She now had green ink all over her face.

"Uh... little buddy? Your kid?" said Buddy.

"Again, she's not gonna get kidnapped here" said Charles Wallace.

"No, her face. It's all green" said Sally.

Charles Wallace looked behind him and saw his little niece chewing the marker.

"Hey! Kristen! That's not for eating. You just ruined Mr Petrie's marker" said Charles Wallace.

"Ugh! Why is it that when something happens to me lately, it always involves babies?" Rob groaned.

"Oh, I am so sorry, Mr Petrie. Please tell me those were washable markers" said Charles Wallace.

"They are, they are" said Rob.

"This is actually my fault. If I hadn't dropped her pacifier down the drain, she wouldn't have done that" said Charles Wallace.

"You dropped her pacifier down the drain? Some babysitter" said Sally sarcastically.

"Yeah... and that reminds me. I need to go buy her another. Would you fellas excuse me?" said Charles Wallace.

"Yeah, we'll start to work. If Mel asks, we'll let him know you're gone" said Rob.

"Thanks. See ya" said Charles Wallace carrying Kristen out of the office.