Chapter 3

The guys got to the hospital where the three Misses were just about to pack up for the night.

"Meg. We gave you the day off, my little warrior" said Dr Which.

"Yes, ma'am, your best surgeon has tonsillitis" said Chad.

"I need surgery" said Meg.

"Whoa! With that voice, definitely tonsillitis" said Dr Whatsit. 

"And desperate need of surgery. You did the right thing bringing her here, Chad" said Dr Which. 

A slow tear fell down Meg's face. She was getting closer to having her own surgery, which made her scared and a little embarrassed.

"Oh... my poor angel" Chad sighed. 

"Chad... we must take her now" said Dr Which.

"Time is money. Franklin, American" said Dr Who.

Chad gave Meg one last kiss before letting her go.

Then he walked back to Sam after clearing his throat again. 

"She'll be fine" he tried to assure himself.

"If I know Meg, she'll get out clean. At least cleaner than tons of patients" said Sam.

Chad sniffled a little and nodded his head.

"Now can I worry about you, Chad? McNally was right about you being pale" said Sam.

She felt Chad's forehead and he closed his eyes to let her.

"Am I hot?" he said.

"Yeah; a little. I hate to sound like your mother, but I think you have a fever" said Sam.

"Sam, I'm glad you care about me, I really am. But I need to focus on Meg. In fact, she's been focusing on our girls, Idina and Kristen a lot" said Chad.

"Well, they're probably in good hands now" said Sam.

"We put them to bed before Meg even started talking in that dreadful voice" said Chad.

"Gawrsh, Chad! You didn't get someone to take care of 'em? Even I would have done that" said Sam.

"Most of the people I trust are so busy. And Meg was gasping. I had to get her here" said Chad.

Then he started coughing for about five seconds until he was able to breathe again.

"Yeah, Chad... the hot forehead, the frequent throat clearings, and now the coughing... you have something alright" said Sam.

"Do you know what?" said Chad.

"It sounds like a cold, but those don't typically give you a fever" said Sam.

"Oh, this is a fine time for the self-diagnosing surgeon to be in the operating room" said Chad sarcastically.