Chapter 7

The kids made their way to the apartment building and knocked on Chad's door.

"Come in" said Chad's hoarse voice.

The kids entered and found Chad in bed blowing his nose. 

"Boy. Is your nose red" said Charles Wallace.

"You can see it from in here" Chad sighed.

"Wow, you do have the flu. I haven't heard a voice like that since that time Paul got so sick, it got Meg fired" said Calvin.

"Oh blimey..." Chad whispered.

"Chad, we came to tell you your troubles are over" said Sam.

"They are?"

"Yup! We've decided that we're gonna take care of Idina and Kristen until you get better" said Charles Wallace.

Chad smiled softly, as that was most of what he could do. 

"I appreciate that, kids, so very much. But the girls are a bit rambunctious. Do you three know what you're doing?" said Chad.

"Sure we do" said Charles Wallace.

"You might, Charles. But Calvin, you and Sam never seemed like baby people" said Chad.

"Calvin has kids" said Sam.

"My kids have been in and out of evil places. I think we got this" said Calvin.

Chad coughed. "Don't make me laugh."

"Our point is, Chad, that we're the Three Warriors. We've fought crime and saved lives and battled villains. Babysitting two toddlers is nothing" said Sam.

Chad sneezed, then blew his nose again. "If you're certain. As long as I don't have to worry."

"You really don't. You have nothing to worry about" said Calvin.

"Well, not nothing. You still haven't heard from the Misses about Meg" said Charles Wallace.

"Don't frighten me either, Charles" said Chad.

"Would you let us do it, Chad? Please? It's the least we can do" said Sam.

Chad coughed again, then thought on it. "Oh, very well. They should be awake by now, so if you could just feed and pacify them, that'd be smashing."

"Will do" said Sam.

"And one of you might have to wash their pacifiers while they're eating" said Chad.

"Not a problem. But how do we know which girl gets which pacifier?" said Calvin.

"It's simple. Kristen gets the butterfly, Idina gets the ladybug" said Chad.

"Easy cheesy. And what do we do after?" said Sam.

"Give them a bath and put them to bed. Is that easy enough for you?" said Chad.

"Sure, if we work together" said Charles Wallace.

"Thank you, kids" said Chad.

"You're welcome" said Calvin.

"Now get some rest. Everything's under control" said Sam.