Chapter 23

"Beatles, take Kristen home before the guy grabs her" said Andy.

"Certainly" said Ringo.

Sam, Dick, Jill and Andy jumped into the squad car and chased after the man.

He crashed in the same spot that Calvin's car did when Idina supposedly drove it.

"I'm not gonna say this again, sir! Driving at that speed is illegal!" Sam shouted.

"How did you even escape, you weirdo?" said Andy.

"I escaped to apologize" said the guy.

"What are you sorry for? Not doing what your crook friends told you to do? Or framing my sick friend's innocent baby daughter?" Sam sassed.

"You can't prove I did that" said the crook.

"Actually, we can. We arrested you last night, and when I put Idina in the cell next to yours, you were gone" said Jill.

"Her father is blaming my best friends. If I don't set things right, he's gonna kill me!" said Sam.

"And you probably lit my husband on fire. So you could distract us while you continue your speedy ways" said Jill.

"Now get in the squad car and give this boy back his car" said Andy. 

The man growled and did as told. 

Meanwhile, the Beatles had just gotten Kristen back to the apartment building. 

Paul had just gotten off the phone with Jill, who'd told him that everything the kids had supposedly done was the work of a twenty-one-time criminal.

"I s'pose that means ol' Chadwick owes the kids an apology" said George. 

"Maybe several" Ringo agreed.

John knocked on the door. "Come in," said Chad's hoarse voice.

The lads brought Kristen into the apartment and gave her to him.

"Kristen... did the Beatles get the green off your mouth?" said Chad.

"We certainly did" said Paul.

"Oh, my little Kristen..." Chad cooed hugging his daughter.

"We also found out you're mad at the wrong guy" said John.

"What?" said Chad.

"Yeah. You know the kids better than to not keep their promises. Calvin just didn't see that sly villain take his car" said Ringo.

"A villain?" said Chad before coughing. 

"Calm down, Stuart. Sam's after him now" said John.

"Jill says he was a guy who'd been arrested twenty times before" said Paul.

"I saw her arrest him last night. He must have escaped" said Chad.

"So now you may wanna regret blaming the most loyal trio of youngsters we've ever known" said George.

Chad blew his nose and said, "I do. I do regret it. I should have known they wouldn't put my children in that kind of danger. Where are they now?"

"Probably on their way back. But we want you to stay in bed" said George.

"Yeah. I'll call them" said Ringo.