Chapter 9

Changbin felt like he needed some fresh air to work on his little 'secret vehicle thingy', so he had brought it outside of their hideout and was working on it calmly. 

A thin layer of sweat covered his forehead and neck and a sigh escaped his lips as he placed the tools he had down on the ground before getting up and stretching. 

He grabbed the small towel that lay on his shoulder and wiped his sweat before looking in the direction of the city, sensing that someone had crossed the forcefield radius. 

A small smile formed on the latter's lips as he saw Minho on his hoverboard, making his way to the ground outside of their home. 

The older landed close to where Changbin was standing and got off and then noticed the big smile on the younger's lips.

"What?" Minho asked, raising an eyebrow at him, smiling himself as well. 

"You kept it" Changbin muttered quietly, stepping closer to Minho who gave him a tiny smile before placing a hand on Changbin's broad shoulder. 

"I'm a man of my word... especially to my best friend," Minho said, causing the younger's smile to be even warmer than it already was. 

Changbin was worried that Minho would have taken the decision to take that dangerous step- but Minho kept his promise, once again, like he always had. 

A moment later, the younger two also joined them, landing their hoverboards on the ground beside the two. Changbin looked at Jeongin, amused and impressed.

"You actually learned?" The older asked, raising an eyebrow at the male who got off the hoverboard with a black trash bag filled with canned goods. 

Jeongin gave him a small smile and then glanced at the girl who was now standing beside him. "I had a good teacher," He said, making her roll her eyes playfully before walking past them toward the building they call their home.

Jeongin followed the girl after a light chuckle, heading inside with her while the other two watched.

Changbin watched them with an amused look. 

The last time they saw them, Miyuki was pissed and Jeongin was desperately trying to apologise. It was funny to see how they both cleared things out so easily. 

"They're cute together, don't you think?" Changbin asked, turning to look at Minho but then he froze when he saw the older trying to lift the clothes sheet off of his secret invention.

"Hey!!" Changbin yelled, quickly walking over to Minho and tackling the older. 

"Come on I just wanna see!" Minho chuckled, trying to get away from the younger's strong grip and reaching for the sheet, but he was tossed to the floor and pinned down by Changbin.

"It's a surprise for you!!" Changbin frowned, holding Minho's wrists down. The older's eyes slightly widen as he looked at the other's eyes, blinking for a few seconds.

"... For me?" Minho's voice was quiet but also curious. Changbin felt a lump in his throat as his face heated up, noticing the way the older looked at him. Then, it struck him how he was on top of Minho, pinning him down.

"So I was right. You two are gay" 

Changbin and Minho's eyes widen in unison and quickly turned their heads to the side, seeing Miyuki and Jeongin walking toward them with playful smiles.

The two older males got up, dusting themselves off and Changbin tried to hide a blush that threatened to invade his cheeks. 

Minho glared at his sister who gave him a look and rolled his eyes. "I am not gay- besides! I love Changbin, platonically! I'd still die for him though" The older said, wrapping an arm around his best friend's shoulder and pulling him close, giving him a side hug.

Changbin's blush worsened but the words Minho uttered left a small crack. 

He knew Minho saw him like a brother or a friend who he can't live without. 

Whereas for Changbin, Minho was his other half. He loved him, more than just a brother and more than just a friend. But he wasn't going to tell him, not yet... but soon.

"Right... 'platonically' " She said, quoting her fingers to annoy her brother some more.

The girl then turned to look at what Changbin was working on before she and the other two arrived. She had been intrigued about it for the past two weeks since Changin started working so hard on it.

'What was it?' She wanted to know so badly.

"Don't even think about it" Changbin warned, crossing his arms, making the girl turn to him with an innocent look.

"I wasn't," She said, giving him a smile before dashing toward it in an attempt to take off the cloth that covered it. She had almost reached it, But Changbin was faster, grabbing her and tossing her over his shoulder so she couldn't do anything.

"Yahh I wanna know!!" She pouted, hitting the boy's back with her fists in a way that didn't hurt Changbin. The latter chuckled, placing her down next to Jeongin who held in his laugh.

"You guys will not see it until it's finished," Changbin said as he crossed his arms, standing between his 'secret vehicle thingy' and his three friends. 

All of a sudden, they felt the air around them moving faster, making the dust rise along with it. Soundless propellers created a strong wind as a large drone-like vehicle landed right outside of their hideout, pretty close to them.

The cloth sheet that covered Changbin's inventions flew off it and slammed into Changbin's back and he groaned, his eyes widening as he still had his arms crossed. 

"You've got to be kidding me..." He muttered under his breath.