Chapter 12

Jeongin sighed as he looked up at the ceiling as he lay on a hard mattress next to Changbin. He wasn't prepared to go up there yet... and let alone his little project...would also be delayed. 

"Changbin Hyung?" Jeongin spoke as he turned his head to look at the male who had his eyes closed.

"Hm?"  For a second, he thought the older was asleep but he responded almost immediately, slightly startling the younger. 

"I... I don't think I am ready to go up there" Jeongin admitted, looking at the older male. Changbin sighed, opening his eyes and turning his head to look at Jeongin's hesitant eyes. It was clear that the younger was unsure and skeptical about the whole thing.

"You're more ready than Minho, trust me," Changbin said, turning his head back to look up at the ceiling. Confused, Jeongin furrowed his eyebrows.

"But Hyung is a good fighter.... and he..." Jeongin trailed off when Changbin sighed and closed his eyes, slightly frustrated. 

"He's reckless... too reckless. If he was prepared, I would've agreed with him and let Miyuki stay here" He pursed his lips a bit and sighed again once more before turning to Jeongin. "I would've let you stay here too... but I don't know what I would do if Minho... does something. Atleast I will have you to fight for" He said.

Jeongin felt his throat dry up a pit, a bit of emotion kicking in. Changbin was holding everything in him to not show any emotions of sadness or worry too, but it was frustrating. 

He was about to step into a dangerous world... he could lose everything. He could lose the person he fell in love with and he could very well lose Jeongin, a boy he literally took care of and basically fathered since the whole invasion started. And Miyuki.. a sister he never had. 

He was scared to lose them... and he was praying that they would never face a day where they would have to go up there, but apparently, his prayers were mocked by the universe.

"You two should shut up and sleep" A pouty voice interrupted the two from across the room, leaning back on a comfortable-looking chair, his sleepy eyes narrowed at the two. "we have a long day tomorrow.. you know that right?" Hyunjin sighed, running his fingers through his slick red hair.

Changbin and Jeongin had completely forgotten about his presence... ofcourse, they should have someone to watch them in case they tried to escape- although both of them were slightly embarrassed by the fact that Hyunjin would have heard their conversation.

// 🪐 //

"You should sleep" 

"I won't"

"why not?"

"I don't trust you,"  Minho said, keeping his voice soft so that his sister who was asleep on the mattress next to him did not wake up. 

The officer sighed, shaking his head a bit. "You should get some rest," He said once more and Minho was quick to talk back.

"You should get some rest as well officer," Minho said, narrowing his eyes a bit.

"I won't" The man spoke, and Minho tilted his head a bit.

"Why not?" The lavender-haired male asked.

"I don't trust you" his own words used against him for the first time, Minho stayed quiet before his lips curved into the slightest grin.

"Fine, I'll lay down," He said before lying down next to the girl, scooping her into his arms to give her more warmth and comfort. The officer watched how Minho handled the girl so delicately... he knew he cared for her- he remembered how mad he looked earlier when he could not tell him about his sister's whereabouts. 

No matter how intimidating Minho seemed, he definitely had a soft spot unlike any other for his sister.

The officer closed his eyes too, leaning back against the chair he sat on. He knew it was a huge risk letting his guard down even a little, but something about the siblings made him feel reassured that they weren't going to escape... and ofcourse, he needed to get some rest as well... after all, he was also going to join them on their dangerous journey and he was more than prepared to bring an end to the invaders.