Chapter 14

Every second that passed by felt dangerous. 

An Invader could've ambushed them from the ground, and even the air and they were ready to face them as soon as they did- but luck proved to be on their side through the one-mile journey to the desired destination as they surprisingly encountered none. 

Minho's eyes caught glimpses of some of the aliens that were ridiculously far away, but he knew going after those would be a waste of time despite the need he felt to destroy every one of those heartless beasts.

The male let out a sigh, glancing at his younger sister. 

Well, the fact that it would disrupt the mission was not the only thing holding him back.

Bringing his sister into such danger was the last thing he wanted. he wouldn't be able to bear to watch anything happening to her because of the same vile aliens that caused the death of his parents. 

"General Bhang, is the ground clear for landing?" The female pilot spoke into a small earpiece device she had and waited a few seconds to receive an answer. "Roger that" she said, a light grin forming on her lips as she lowered the drone-like vehicle safely to the ground.

As soon as it landed, everyone stood up from their seats and Minho wasn't even able to take a step when Hyunjin walked over to him, pointing a finger at him.

"Don't try to run away or cause any trouble... we don't want to be ambushed" The red-haired male said. 

Minho tilted his head in an almost threatening way as he eyed the younger's finger and then looked at his eyes. If there was one thing he hated- which in fact there are countable things he hates- he didn't like being ordered or bossed around. That was mainly his thing to do.

With a scoff, the older pushed Hyunjin's hand aside and turned to the two males who stood close to him. Changbin was silent, but Minho knew he was nervous. Jeongin was looking around like he always does when he's feeling cautious. And Miyuki... she seemed pretty normal.

Minho stepped closer to the girl, and she looked at him as soon as she noticed him walking toward her. He raised an eyebrow as he stood in front of her, looking down at the shorter girl. The girl raised an eyebrow in response, knowing her brother wanted to say something.

"You're not scared?..." He asked quietly, narrowing his eyes ever so slightly.

The girl stayed silent for a minute before looking down, her bangs now covering her face a little more. "Being scared won't help" She said simply.

"It'll keep you safe.." Minho thought in his head as he raised a hand and gently gripped the girl's shoulder in a comforting way. "That's my sister," He said with a small smile, making the girl look up at him and smile a bit.

Suddenly, Ryujin walked in between the two, making both of them stumble away from each other as she passed. She pointed her hand at the door that slowly opened and turned to the rest of the crew behind her. 

"Enough chit-chat, get ready to head out y'all," She said with a small grin before walking toward the open door which only showed a cloud of amber dust after the landing. 

Hyunjin and the other two officers who came along exited after her, followed by Junkwon, Changbin, and Jeongin. Minho sighed as he held his sister's hand- he could tell that she was nervous. But he wanted her to know nothing was happening to her as long as he was by her side. 

"Let's go," He said, and with that, the two siblings followed after the rest, jumping out of the vehicle and onto the dry sand. 

Miyuki coughed a little as she looked around, trying to make out her surroundings, but the dust cloud made it a tough job for her. However, as soon as it did clear out, everyone could tell that they were in some sort of desert wasteland- all you could see was yellow-brown sand and dried-up bushes here and there.

"General Bhang said the group is camping a few meters north from here... so that makes..." Ryujin spoke as she looked at her high-tech watch which displayed a hologram of a compass. "There!" She said quickly as she pointed at three large boulders at a distance. 

Cautiously, the group began moving and as soon as they reached, they were met with a male who had dyed blue hair. 
"Hello mates, great you could make it" His dimples showed as he spoke. 

"Mr.Bhang" Jungkwon spoke as he stepped forward and shook the younger's hand. "get the injured ones in the ship immediately," He said, to which the younger nodded immediately. 

As the group walked along the curvature of the boulders, the camp was finally in view. Two people were injured; one girl and one male, and two more were there, watching after the two.

"Ms.Soyeon... is she... unconscious?" Jungkwon asked, his eyes widening when he saw the female who had her eyes closed, breathing slowly. 

Chan sighed and nodded his head slowly. "She uh... she tried to save Honjoong but-" The male cut himself off and shook his head gently. Hyunjin walked over to the older male and comfortingly placed a hand on his shoulder.

The other injured male was sitting, although, anyone could tell how tired he was. 

"Minnie!" Han quickly said as he sprinted over to the male, looking at him with worried eyes. "How-"

"I'm alive. I'm practically fine" Seungmin said with a small chuckle and Han shook his head a bit before looking at the other two uninjured officers; Jungwon and Soobin. 

"Thanks for keeping him safe," Han said, and the two nodded their heads with soft smiles. 

"Jungwon, Soobin, please take Soyeon and Seungmin to the airship first," Chan said. 

Seungmin, hearing Chan's order quickly looked at him, frowning slightly. "I am not going. Take Soyeon but you guys need at least one emergency doctor with you guys. We already lost Hongjoong" The younger said.

Chan sighed, glancing at the younger's left leg and his abdomen. His ankle was sprained badly and he performed a self-surgery on his abdomen after a deep cut. Having him run around with them while fighting off those aliens would mean more danger to him than anyone else.

"Seungmin..." Chan started but he was quickly cut off.

"I am staying Chan" Seungmin stated, standing up and walking into a small tent the group had built. Chan didn't say more. He looked apologetically at Jungkwon and shook his head. 

"I'm sorry general."

"It's his decision. We do have Han with us now, he is a doctor as well, but Seungmin is more experienced." The older male said. Han who was behind him, nodded slowly and then turned his head to the tent where Seungmin had gone and decided to check on him.