chapter four

*author's note*
Thank you all for reading this story! If you have any suggestions or criticism please write in the comments, I'd love to read what you think of it. Love you <3

-§-

"Sono patetica ecco cosa sono. Stai scherzando? Non si ricordava di me. E allora? Cavolo non eravamo nemmeno amici. Eravamo proprio sconosciuti. Sì, okay, abbiamo parlato un paio di volte, ma mica può sapere chi sono. Sono stupida. Mi sono arrabbiata per nulla. Assolutamente patetica. E adesso mi starà sui nervi perché non mi piace il suo atteggiamento. Non è nemmeno per il fatto che non si ricordava di me, era proprio l'atteggiamento arrogante di chi pensa di essere il migliore. Ma calmati, non sei mica dio. Ma dai"

She was ranting. She had been ranting for twenty minutes, and Lando wasn't understanding a single word. As well as Max. Daniel had caught a bunch of words, but not much. Carlos was probably the only one understanding what she was saying, and he was trying to translate to the others.

"She's saying that she's pathetic because she know he can't remember her since they never properly talked - who is she talking about? - but it's not because he didn't remember her that she's angry. It's because he had a - what's the word? comportamiento arrogante - ah yes, an arrogant behaviour. As if he thinks he's the best. And that he should calm down cause he's not god" he explained.

"Okay, stop" Max said, stopping her from pacing around. "Who the hell are you talking about?" he asked.

"Yeah we have no idea what you're saying mate" Daniel backed him up.

She stopped and looked at them. "Charles" she sighed. A chorus of 'ohhh's filled the room.

"You didn't know he was like that?" Lando asked.

"Well, obviously not" she scoffed. "I guess I just didn't want him to be like that?"

Carlos looked at her. "He's not like that" he said. "I mean he is, but he's not. You just got to know him better" he explained.

"HA! Yeah, no, that's not happening" she said. "If I told you I wasn't who you thought I was you wouldn't have kept thinking I was who you thought I was. That's the kind of people I want in my life. Not some cocky ass who thinks he can have me just because he wants to"

"What?" Lando said.

"You lost me there" echoed Max. Carlos was just staring at the wall, waiting for her words to make sense.

"It's not important. I don't care. I don't care." she stated.

"You already said that" Max pointed out.

"Shut up" she whined, burying her face in the pillow. "I want to die"

"No you don't" Lando said, alarmed.

"No, I don't. But I do" she said, turning to look at him.

"Okay depressed ass, we're going out to eat sushi. Are you coming?" asked Daniel, getting up from the bed.

It worked like magic. She rose from the bed, grabbed a pair of shorts and a top from her bag and disappeared in the bathroom. A few minutes later she walked out, grabbed the camera and put on her shoes.

"So? Are we going or what?" she asked smiling. The four boys laughed, getting out of the room.

"You know we're not actually going to eat sushi, right?" Lando said. No one answered, as they just looked at him. "Right?"

"Listen Lan...we love you, but you really have to get over this fear of raw fish. Or fish in general" Carlos started.

"..Moooom?" Lando called, walking towards his parents room. The others laughed, looking at the scene.

"Can we go out together for dinner? They're betraying me for sushi" he pointed at them, pouting jokingly at his mom.

"Oh no, that's terrible son!" his father shouted from inside the room, with a sarcastic tone. They all burst out laughing, Lando included.

"Of course we can eat together, sweetie" Cisca said. "You guys can go, we got it" she then said jokingly. Lando looked up at her, whining with a 'moom you're embarrassing me' and walking in the room with a smirk on his face.

- § - 

Dinner was amazing. The sushi was good, the company was great and the talk never got boring. She had missed hanging out with these guys. They were like a breath of fresh air in a smoggy city. 

The evening had passed between terrible jokes and deep conversations, and after getting a few drinks with Lando at the hotel bar they said their goodbyes for the day. 

She was now in her room, trying to finish the editing of the vlog she should've posted the next day. With her headphones on she was finally getting the peace of mind she needed, though she kept thinking about the encounter she had that day with the green-eyed guy. Man. Guy man? Whatever, her mind was just playing dumb, as usual. 

She put the laptop aside, on the bed. Why was she overthinking it so much? It was just a stupid interaction with a stupid person. What was her problem? 

She got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom, moving a few things that had fallen in the sink. She took a cotton disk and some make up remover and wiped her face. Then she washed it and put some hydrating cream on and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She looked terrible.

She had dark circles under her eyes - she hadn't slept properly for a few nights now - and her hair was a mess. Her lips were swollen, though she didn't really know why. She took off her clothes, tracing the white scar on her abdomen, and stepped in the shower, trying to shake off the memories. 

The hot water was almost burning her, her skin turning red after a few minutes. She let herself slide on the floor, head resting on the wall and water running over her body. 

Had she gotten what she deserved? She was six. How could it be something she deserved? She just wanted to be seen. She hadn't meant to make the chair fall. She just wanted to play with her dad. 

She could feel the tears running on her face, but she wasn't sure which ones were coming from her eyes and which ones from the shower. 

They were both warm on her cheeks. 

They were both burning on her skin. 

They were both hurting her soul.

She sighed and got up from the floor, turning off the water and wrapping her body in a towel. She changed into comfortable clothes, looking at her red skin and covering her scar carefully. 

She quickly finished editing the video and turned off the laptop, placing it on the desk by the window. Then she slid under the covers and took a deep breath. 

She didn't want to see them.

She didn't want to...