chapter thirty-seven

*author's note*
This chapter is so short I'm sorry BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO WRITE YK
Anyway, we're almost there. Something is happening. We can finally sit back and relax (at least for now)
Enjoy loves <3

-§-

"How did you find me?" he asked, hiding a smile.

"Comfort place, remember?" she simply replied.

"How did you know I'd be here though?"

"Alex came to my apartment" she sighed. "She told me you two broke up and I assumed you'd be feeling sad. So, comfort place" she shrugged. "By the way, I'm sorry for the break up. You looked well with her"

"I'm not" he said. "Well I am, but not as much as people would expect"

"Why?" she asked confused. "You two looked like the perfect Pinterest couple"

"Yeah well, it was a façade" he said. "I liked her, I did. It's not anything personal. But we didn't fit. We can only work as friends"

"And why's that?" she asked. The rain was starting to get heavier.

"Because" he sighed. He turned to face her, while she did the same.

He scanned her face, lingering on her lips and then on her eyes. He took a deep breath in front of her questioning look.

"She wasn't you" he whispered.

"What?" she breathed out, thinking she didn't hear him right.

"She wasn't you." he repeated. "I tried to fall for her, I really did, only because you told me to be happy with her. But I couldn't. Every time she talked, or she laughed, or she simply looked at me I couldn't stop thinking about you. What you would say. How you would act. And I always only wanted it to be you"

She looked at him, words not coming to mind.

"You said you were falling for me. Well, I fell for you, entirely, completely and hard. I was hit in the face with the realization I was in love with you that night, when you let me stay at your place. I was in a shitty place, most people would've told me to just calm down. Not you. You validated me, you made me feel myself. You didn't make me hate having feelings, Lya. You are the only person I ever want to go to if I have a problem. You're the one person I never want to lose. And you definitely are the person I want to wake up next to, and kiss, and hold, and hug. I need you to be in my life every day. I want you to be in my life every day. Please, let me back into yours" he begged, tears mixing with the rain.

"I don't know what to say" she said. He lowered his eyes, sadness spreading into his chest as he thought that was it. "If not yes" she said instead.

His eyes immediately fell back into hers.

"I want you back in my life, Charles. I need you in it" she smiled.

He smiled back, scanning her face. "Can I kiss you?" he then asked.

"What?"

"Can I kiss you?" he asked again.

She simply nodded.

His hands gently touched her cheeks, grabbing her face. As she let her hands through his hair, he stepped closer and delicately kissed her.

As simply as that.

With every touch, every movement, every sigh, they were silently telling each other how much they were loved.

The rain was still hitting them, their clothes were glued to their bodies as a second skin.

Charles' hands traveled to her waist, holding her close as they pulled back out of breath.

"I'm still fucked up Charles" she whispered, touching her forehead with his.

"I'm still here" he said. "And I will be here until you will bear me. I'm not going anywhere, not this time. I'm not letting you go Alya, ever again. I'll be waiting and I'm not leaving if I get lonely. I will just come to you, and hug you and I will be here in any way you let me" he breathed out.

"How about you don't wait any longer?" she asked, closing her eyes.

"What?" he whispered in disbelief.

"How about we go back home, make ourselves a cup of coffee, sit on the couch with a blanket and talk?" she said. "The night is young and I have a lot of things to say"

"Are you sure?" he asked, looking in her eyes to search for a confirmation.

"I think I will never actually be ready" she said, her voice trembling. "But I also think that you need to know the full story before you can decide if you want me to stay in your life. And if I don't tell you I will just push you away again, and I really don't want to. So yes, I'm sure. I just don't know how long it's going to take"

"You can take all the time you want" he said. "There's no rush"

"I know"

"I'll sit there and listen"

"I know you will"

"If at any moment you want to stop we can stop" he kept saying.

"I know" she smiled. Then she lifted her head to look at him. "You kissed me under the rain" she said.

"I know" he smirked.

"We will catch a cold" she said.

"I know that too" he giggled. "But it was totally worth it"

They smiled at each other, and hugged. Her ear was on his chest, near his heart, and she could hear it pounding. She could feel what he was feeling.

His chin was resting on the top of her head, his eyes closed as he was taking in her perfume - mixed with rain and salty water scents.

She did the same, before pulling back to look at him in the eyes.

"I really want to kiss you again" he said.

"Then do it" she smiled. She could see his eyes light up as he leaned forward again.

And in that moment, with their breaths and lips melted together, she knew she had made the right choice. There was no doubt that she wanted to tell him everything, even if it meant appearing weak in front of him.

She felt safe at the thought of it, and for the first time it felt right to be scared.

And legitimate to be vulnerable.

And real to be loved.