chapter eight

*author's note*
thank you so much for a thousand views I'm so grateful <33
I hope you're enjoying the story as much as I'm having fun writing it!

-§-

The club was packed. There were people everywhere, dancing on the floor, on tables, even on the chairs. They walked to their reserved table trying not to push people too hard - which was impossible. 

The lights were almost blinding and very confusing, changing colors every few seconds. Alya was already struggling, but tried to hold on. 

Let me have an hour. Please, an hour of quietness of mind. 

She asked for the classic rum and cola she always got when going out and sat at the table next to Carlos and Lando. They tried to talk over the music, but it was way too loud to have a proper conversation. They settled for singing while sipping their drinks, then Lando left to be a DJ for a while. The group decided to do shots.

"Tequila body shots!" Danny yelled, so that they could hear him over the music. They used Max's empty beer bottle to make random cuples for shots. 

Carlos and Oscar.

Pierre and Kika - they got lucky.

Daniel and Max.

Then the bottle landed on her and Charles. Fuck.

They looked at each other from across the table, then he got up and walked to her. When it was their turn, Max put salt on her neck and passed her the slice of lime. She held it with her teeth and looked at Charles.

He had a shot in his hand already, and was holding the eye contact. He stepped closer once, then again. She could feel his breath already on her cheek.

He leaned down, smirking. When he licked the salt, shivers rushed down her spine. She could feel his warm breath on the neck, then near her ear. 

He took the shot, then looked at her while stepping closer once again. Their eyes never left each other's, while he leaned down to get the lime from her teeth. 

It was like there was no one else. She could hear his breathing over the music, the group's cheering was distant. It felt like it went on for hours.

Instead, less than a minute later, they were sitting on two opposite sides of the table again. She looked at him, finding his gaze somewhere else. She blinked and gulped, trying to decrease the heat she was feeling. 

A few rounds in, after changing shot partners a few times, they decided to dance.

Alya was already tipsy, the four tequila shots still burning in her throat. She started moving her hips, playing with her hair and moving her head as she was dancing with Kika. When she left to stay with Pierre, she felt someone grabbing her hips.

She stiffened for a second, afraid it might be a stranger. When she heard Carlos' voice she relaxed, and stardte dancing with him. Her back was on his chest, his hands were tracing her hips and her arms were around his neck. 

When she turned to face him, she smiled. "You still owe me a drink" she said.

"You seem already drunk enough" he answered.

"There is no such thing as drunk enough" she laughed. "There is sober, tipsy and drunk. I am tipsy. I still know who I am, who you are and where we are. So, not 'drunk enough' yet" 

"Didn't you just say there's no such thing as 'drunk enough'?" he laughed.

"Shut up" she giggled. "Let's drink, baby!"