chapter thirty-three

*author's note*
OH. MY. GOD. Thank you so much for 103 followers and 30K+ views?????? This is insane. I appreciate you all so much. Thank you.
I hope you're enjoying the story, cause we're (finally) getting somewhere...though for the actual *something* to happen there are still quite a few chapters left.
Again thank you so much for the support, ily.
Enjoy!
OH YEAH IMPORTANT BIT: there's mention of an eating disorder in this chapter, so trigger warning. Imma put ** before and after so that if you're not comfortable with it you can skip it <3
And remember you're not alone, if you need to talk to someone you can contact me whenever on tiktok or on here. You're worthy of everything good that life can give you. 🤍

-§-

"What are you wearing tonight?" Kika asked, walking out of the kitchen area.

She was in Alya's hotel room, getting ready for the evening.

They were still in Azerbaijan, and there was going to be a charity event to raise money to build a new children hospital, and they were all going to attend. Well, not Lando, since he was still confined in a hospital bed.

"I have no idea" she said. "I brought two dresses, but they're totally different and I don't like how I look in either of them."

"You would look amazing in a trash bag"

"I think you're getting me confused with yourself" she scoffed.

"What options do you have?" she ignored her.

"Black, snatched at the waist, no split or red, V-neck, backless and with a split on the leg" she said, holding them up. "Both quite wrinkly" she added, looking at them.

"Red" Kika said immediately. "Charles will go crazy" she sang, winking.

"Yeah, right" she scoffed. "What are you wearing?" she asked.

"Black, tight, round neck, white seams" she said, taking it out of the box.

"No wrinkles" Alya mumbled.

"No wrinkles" Kika laughed.

"I'm gonna take a hot shower and hang it on the edge so that the steam will steam it down" she sighed. "Ha, steam steaming down" she giggled.

"Oy, with the poodles already" Kika said, clearly imitating Lorelai Gilmore. "Same vibes" they laughed.

"I love it when we're like Gilmore Girls" she laughed. Kika agreed.

"Okay, now go take that shower or we will never be ready on time" she said, pushing her towards the bathroom.

"I'm going I'm going" she giggled.

"Not too hot" she specified. "I don't want a roasted chicken as a best friend"

"Why a chicken?"

"I don't know, chickens are dumb"

"Are you calling me dumb?"

"Maybe" she shrugged. "Now go!" she giggled. Alya jokingly rolled her eyes, but walked in the bathroom to take a shower.

She was feeling a bit lightheaded, she hadn't eaten enough in the past few days. She was starting to fall back into her old eating habits, unable to stop.

**

A few years before, she had overcome - at least apparently - an eating disorder. And for a few years she had been fine.

Although, she always knew that those thoughts hadn't entirely gone away.

She had always been the thicker friend. And she always felt like the thicker friend, even when she clearly wasn't anymore.