chapter ten

*author's note*
This chapter is a bit shorter than the others, but I have this thing (where I get older, but just never wiser - no sorry okay) where I want to put one important event per chapter or separate chapters by interaction or thoughts or characters. I don't know, maybe it's just a weird thing that makes sense in my mind I don't know if it's normal, I never pay attention to it and I never remember things long enough to know these things.

ANYWAY I also wanted to sy that I'm fucking up the racing calendar and events because I want things to happen in a certain way and I am not at the point where I know how to change the way I want things to happen or something - so yeah, you're getting the fucked up calendar and all of that :)

With that said, thank you again for reading and would love to hear your thoughts, so if you're comfortable with sharing please do! 
I've written way too much now, I'll leave you to the chapter <3

-§-

He wasn't picking up. Alya had been trying to get a hold of Carlos for days and he wasn't picking up his phone, nor answering her messages. She knew he was alive only because Lando had heard from him. But he didn't want to talk about their business with him, and so she kept hoping for something that she already knew wouldn't happen.

Lando had gotten a room in a hotel in central London, not too far from her apartment. It was the same hotel where Daniel and Heidi were staying, so they would meet in the morning or the afternoon, they even went out for dinner all together one day. 

She decided to text Carlos one more time, to let him know that when he would be ready she was there to talk. She had apologized, she had tried to understand what was wrong. It was time for him to do his part. 

She sighed while getting up from the bed, then walked to her closet. It was a chilly day, the sky was grey for the clouds and it was windy. She could smell the rain coming. 

She and Lando decided not to go out that day, not to risk getting caught in the middle of a storm. She just had to pick up a few things from the grocery store near her building. She decided to wear a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and leave the house like the mess she had been for the past few days. Lando would've gone to her apartment for lunch, before heading to the airport to get to Monaco. She would've flown there a few days later - she wanted to spend more time with her friends, and wanted to look for an apartment there. 

The Carlos situation was confusing her. What had been the big deal? She was drunk and had kissed him. So? It wasn't like they had feelings for each other or anything. 

And then there was the Charles situation. What was going on with him? First he was flirty, then he told her she was exhausting and made her feel like crap. The day before, he texted her to know if her and Carlos had made up. Like hell they did. Why did he have to punch him? Couldn't he just let them live? 

She knew just wanted to understand why things happened how they happened. It had always been her problem, she never wanted to let things happen without an explanation.It had gotten her in trouble before, but she couldn't change the way she felt towards the unknown and unexplained. 

She grabbed a loaf of bread and a carton of milk, then walked to the fruit section and put some strawberries and cherries in her cart. She added some chocolate, coffee, pasta and a few sodas and checked out at the register. 

When she got home she put everything where she wanted it to be, and started making pasta. If there was one thing her parents had actually thought her was to cook pasta. They sometimes were out of town for work, and they didn't want her to starve to death - not alone at least: when she did something wrong they wouldn't even hesitate.

Lando got there shortly after, sitting at the kitchen island while she was preparing everything. She knew he would make a mess, and didn't have the energy to clean afterwards. She was trying to use the least tools she could. 

He had left his suitcase at the entrance, along with his shoes and hoodie. He had brought her some samples from the hotel for her to bring along in her trips. She loved those things.

"So...how's everything?" she asked, despite the fact she had seen him less the 24 hours before. 

"Carlos is fine" he said. "You could've just  asked, you know" he smiled. She already knew that, she just didn't want to.

"Has he mentioned me or anything?" she asked shyly, while serving the pasta. 

"Not really. He asked if you were doing fine, but not much more"

"Not much more as in 'he didn't say anything more' or as in 'he has said something more but I can't tell you cause he doesn't want you to know because he hates you'?"

"He doesn't hate you, Lya" He sighed.

"Did he tell you that?" 

"No"

"Then you can't be sure"

"Neither can you, if you put it like that. He doesn't hate you. He never could." he looked at her.

"Yeah, not sure about that" she said. He shook his head. There was no way he could stop her overthinking. Once it started, it didn't end until confirmation and closure. He knew that, he had always known that. Carlos had too, but at the moment he didn't seem to remember. 

They would've had to sort it out at some point, especially if she was going to live in Monaco. They would've seen each other a lot more. But he knew he couldn't do much, unless he acted behind their backs.

He had spoken to Charles already. They were thinking about how making them talk. Charles and Carlos had made up already; if they wanted it to work they would'vr had to cooperate. It wasn't going to be easy, but they had to try. For the both of them.

Of course Lando knew a lot more than she did on the topic. He had seen and heard both parts. But he couldn't act for Carlos, it wasn't fair. He would've tried to fix it, though. And he was determined in succeding.