Part 5: Sleepover

Usually when I got to spend time with Dan and his family I would be looking forward to it, but as I entered school on Friday morning, I was dreading the day ahead.

"You look exceptionally pretty today." Grace told me, as I joined them at lunch.

I was wearing a khaki boxy short sleeve blouse crop top, a pair of black leather skinny jeans, a pair of black suede platform peep toe heels and a black oversized drape cardigan. "Thank you very much."

"Is there a special occasion?" Bella asked.

"I have dinner with Dan's parents tonight." I told them.

"You two are goals." Grace laughed.

"I saw your big bag in the morning." Bella smirked. "Are you sleeping over?"

I laughed. "You guys still act like its new."

"It's fun to tease you." Grace grinned.

"I don't know if there's any point of getting excited. It's still awkward after Wednesday." I told them. Dan and I hadn't brought up the subject of him and Caleb since our date night but it had been pretty awkward between the two of us.

"So there's no hope of them two sorting it out?" Bella asked.

I shrugged. "Don't think so."

"What brought this up anyway?" Grace asked. "I thought you hated him too."

"I do." I confirmed. "But I spoke to my mum about this and she basically just told me all of this was pointless."

"So what? You're just going to forget everything Caleb has done, and just try and be civil?"

I sighed. "No, of course not. But ever since Caleb has been back, Dan hasn't been himself, and I was just hoping that maybe if they sorted things out, it would change everything and it will go back to normal."

"Well tonight should be interesting for you." Bella commented.

"To say the least."

/////////

The match went smoothly, bringing us a clear win of 5-2. I met Dan outside the boys locker room, where he gave me a kiss before leading me to the car park.

"I'll see you at mine?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'll be right behind you." I was taking my own car because I found it more practical.

"Abbie, finally! It's been two weeks since I've seen you!" Mary exclaimed as I entered the kitchen.

"Hi Mary." I laughed. "Do you need any help?"

"No. I've got everything sorted, why don't you take a seat at the table?" I did as I was told, taking a seat next to Dan.

"How is school?" Derek asked as I took my bite.

"Okay I think so far. But this year is going to be a tough one." I told him.

"I heard you're seated next to Caleb in French." Mary grinned. "You could teach him a few things." I felt Dan's muscles stiffen at the comment. I touched his hand under the table to try and relax him and let him know it was okay, while I laughed it off in front of his parents.

"He won't need my help. The teacher is impressed by his knowledge of the language already." I reassured.

"It's a shame he can't join us for dinner." Derek commented.

"Oh, is he not coming?" I asked.

Mary shook her head. "He's gone out with his friends for the night."