Part 12: Finally

The next morning I woke up rather rudely - by the doorbell. I threw my covers aside and stormed downstairs angrily. I yanked the door open, stiffening in shock at the person in front of me.

"Good morning." Caleb laughed, probably at my reaction to seeing him.

"Shit." I cursed, suddenly feeling very self conscious.

"Did you forget?"

I shook my head. "No! I never forget!" I completely forgot.

"You sure about that?" He teased.

"Shut up." I glared at him. "You ditched me twice!"

"I didn't forget though." He pointed out. "Now go get ready, unless you wanna go like that. I don't mind."

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen." I told him. "Do you wanna come in, while I get ready?"

Caleb shook his head. "Nah, I'll wait in the car."

"Alright. I'll be right back." I shut the door and ran upstairs. I quickly slipped on a light pink crop knit jumper that went off both shoulders, a pair of high waisted light denim shorts and a pair of my light brown timberlands. I quickly brushed my teeth and tied my hair up in a messy bun, before running back downstairs and out of the front door.

Caleb was sitting on the mask of the car, jumping off of it when he saw me. He walked to the passenger side and opened the door for me like a gentleman. I looked at him suspiciously before thanking him. Caleb laughed, before jogging around to the other side and starting the engine.

"You look pretty today." He told me.

His words caught me off guard and I stared at him blankly for a short while trying to figure out whether I misheard the compliment.

"Did I just hear right?"

Caleb chuckled. "Just accept the compliment."

"Thank you." I smiled, as we left my driveway.

"So what's wrong?" I asked as the waiter brought us our waffles. "What did you want to talk about?"

Caleb sighed as he took a bite. "I'm just finding it much more difficult to deal with than I expected."

"I'm not gonna lie to you Caleb, no one expected it to touch you like this." I admitted.

"I don't know why but people fail to realise that I am an actual human with actual feelings." He commented.

"Have you spoken to either of them?" I asked.

Caleb nodded. "Rachel came over the other day trying to talk."

"Trying?"

"I didn't let her speak." He told me. "There's nothing she could say to make me get back with her."

I was about to speak, before being interrupted by someone's knuckles knocking on the window we were sitting at. I jumped at the surprise, as the man looked me straight in the eye before turning to Caleb, his fingers rubbing against themselves, in the money gesture. His eyes on me made me feel extremely uncomfortable and looking at the way Caleb's jaw clenched and his chest tensed at the sight of the man, something told me they knew each other.

"Sorry Abs, I'll be right back. Just gonna sort this out." Caleb got up and left the restaurant before meeting the group of men on the street.

I watched as the men surrounded him in a circle, trapping him as he shouted something at them. My heart started beating as I saw that they were arguing and realising that there were too many of them for him to protect himself if something happened. I watched more closely trying to read their lips but I was shit at that.