Part 23: Your Brother Pissed Me Off

There was one thing I never understood about Dan, whenever we fought or argued he would never text, never call, he'd always wait to see me in person so we can sort it out that way. I always looked forward to that, but this time, this time I didn't. Maybe it was because I knew he wouldn't change his mind, or maybe it was because I was just sick and tired of our recent constant fights and arguments.

Just as I expected Dan was by my side as soon as I got into school, but I was not in the mood.

"Abbie, Abbie wait." Dan pleaded as he tried catching up with my quick steps. "Abbie we need to talk."

"No." I shook my head not looking at him and still walking forward. "We don't need to do anything."

"Abbie--"

"Dan just leave me alone." I snapped, pushing him off and rushing towards my first lesson.

"So, this is our first lesson after the trip--"

"Oh for fuck sake." I muttered over my teacher speaking.

"You alright?" Caleb whispered in my ear.

"Does it look like I'm not alright?" I asked harshly.

"You're a bit tense."

"Am I not allowed to be?" I snapped.

"Whoa, Abbie--"

"Look Caleb, I'm not in the mood."

"Clearly."

I glared at him for his sarcastic comment before packing my bags and leaving the classroom with a quick apology to the teacher.

I didn't know where I was going but I knew I couldn't be in that room with both Dan and Caleb.

"Abbie!"

Oh hell no, no.

"Abbie wait!"

Uh, let me think about it, no.

Dan didn't stop calling after me as I sped up down the corridor. Just as I walked out into the parking lot, he managed to catch up with me.

"Abbie--"

"What?" I snapped.

"Talk to me."

"I've said all I had to say Dan." I told him.

"I understand how a get you are."

"You obviously don't if you think a sorry is gonna do it." I remarked.

"Abbie, I had no control over this."

I laughed humourlessly. "Are you kidding me? You had no control? You had no choice?"

"Okay but--"

"Look Dan, you want to go to a football match with the boys? Go." I told him. "I don't care."

"You do though."

"I'll get over it." I told him, before walking away from the conversation.

"Abbie--"

"Don't even." I shook my head, walking back into the school building.

I didn't know what was getting into me. I loved Dan, a lot, so the most important thing for me after everyone of our fights was always to talk about it and sort it out, but this time was different. I as angry, and to be honest I knew it wasn't just because of prom, it was because everything was coming down on me. All the fights we had, all the stupid things we fought about, they were stupid, we nerve fought about stuff like this, however this time, things were different. I was just tired of everything and I did not want to talk to Dan, I did not want to sort it out, at least not for now.